Thank you to George, Shamus, Jessica(g/f), and Dremel Tool!

Thanks to all that helped!

I would like to thank all the people who responded to my article, "Mistakes made". The solutaion can to me by my g/f Jessica. She can down to the basement and asked me what I was doing? I told her that George and Shamus told me to redesign the layout.

She almost had a Wisconsin dairy cow! She said, "Nooooooooooooo! You put to much time and money in to that thing."

She was right. I asked her,"What am I suppose to do? The guys on 'The-Gauge' said redo it." I showed her my new plans to redo it.

"What a mess! Where is the Dremel tool I gave you?"

"Right here!" I said

"ok. Where does the engine hits the bridge?"

So I showed her.

"That's the problem?! What if you cut the first handrailing off?"

" I don't want to reck the bridge!"

She said," That is better to redo the entire layout. Just cut here." She was showing me where to cut.

So, with hisitation, I did it. The I turned around the train. Well, well, well.....No more Polish Railroad! That solved the problem. Doesn't hit anymore.

I still want to change it. That is going to have to waite til next winter. Spring is coming and I want to be outside. Maybe a garden railroad? Who knows!?
smile.gif

Thanks,
Andy

STOP EVERYTHING!!!
Did I do some kit bashing?!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

PS
I did forget you too Woodie!

George

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Andy,

We have a new formula;

Polish Girl + Dremel = Good Clearance.
wink.gif

Glad to have been able to help. Now, wasn't that easier than having to get a permit for interior demolition?

The shots you provided look like you have a fine layout in the works, and now you have circumvented a mistake that hopefully you will never deal with again. Remember, 6 inches straight on BOTH SIDES of bridges, tunnels and platforms. Write it in stone.

Just one question. Were you not able to take the side structure off and invert it? I never built that kit and that's why I ask.

Thank God for Dremel! Did you know that dentists use them in third world countries?

George.

Virginian

Jan 27, 2001
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Visit site
Well, Iiiii'll beee!!
Andy, I think someone at Appleby's Corp."Interior Decorations" department is psychic... our local Appleby's has a framed print of O. Winston Link's photo "drive-in" with N&W's #1242 class A, hanging on a divider wall (I had no Idea!).. I sat across from it just after My birthday back in February!! I didn't even see the train for about 10-15 minutes of lookin' at the 50s cars in the foreground! And get this... after doing a bit of re-reading and photo study...# 1232 was built the year I was born, in my home town of Roanoke, Va.!!!...hmmm... Maybe we should think about havin' a 'the-gauge Convention' at an Appleby's somewhere, sometime??
biggrin.gif

I Hope your birthday celebration was as happy as mine,
VGN
cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 03-27-2001).]

George

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Andy,

Belated Happy Birthday! Now, the next time you go to Appleby's, make sure that you have a large zip case, and Jessica has a Bosch cordless screwdriver!
wink.gif
Stick with her, she's on the right track!

Your only problem now with the bridge will be people coming by and saying; "Gee, my bridge doesn't look like that! Wherdjagetit?" May that be the only problem you have with it ever!

George.