Testors plastic glue

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by stary, Sep 17, 2006.

1. stary

stary Member

can I use this to glue itself to itself? I have an Atlas bridge that I accidentally broke off one of the trusses. I glued it back on, but I accidentally broke it off again at the joint?:oops:

or should I use CA?train97
  2. interurban

interurban Active Member

I would clean the old glue off the best I could and try again with the same glue.
  3. trainnut65

trainnut65 Member

Yea CA dont hold plastic to well. I have found that Gorilla Glue works great on a lot of stuff it takes some time to dry but it is strong.
  4. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

is the Testor's glue model master or the thick tube glue? if its the thick one you nead to clean it off, if its model master it is a solvent type glue and there no need to clean , as fopr CA they do make one thats for plastic that holds well. if you have only thick cement i would recomended getting a bottle of Ambroid pro weld , Plastruct plastic weld or Tenax-7R.

Ps the Tenax-7R is a real hot and fast acting glue use with caution.
  5. MadModeler

MadModeler Member

The Testors is good stuff to work with (used it for many years).:)

However, don't mix it with other glues. It just won't hold at all. I recently repaired an HO model of a boat trailer I scratch built. The seam kept falling apart when I used a liquid glue. :curse:
    I scraped the joint clean (fortunately no fine details to get ruined) and reglued using the testors. It held!:D