Testing Testing.......

CP9300

May 9, 2001
Ontario Canada
cpr.railfan.net
CP's TEC63 (Track Evaluation Car) Testing on the CPR Windsor Sub October 2000. GP9u looks sweet in her Bank Gothic Font lettering, and Candy Apple Red paint.

TEC64 is the other set, it is a complete stainless steel trainset with a silver painted box/utility car.

TEC63oct2000.jpg

Jon

CP9300

May 9, 2001
Ontario Canada
cpr.railfan.net
Siding Dave,

Reason why you guys over at Pt. Huron have CP534/5 running there now is mainly congestion issues, CP is single track with sidings, somedays can barely squeeze em through, especially since Expressway has priority over all running trains. Size of them is also an issue as well, some will not fit in all sidings.

Jon

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Great colours including the scenery. It would be interesting to know just how the testing of the track is done.
Now as a model railroader I always thought the placement of the switch for the siding should be closer to the curve to avoid that nasty little "S" curve or did you use a telephoto lens Jon?
Robin

Miellyn

Oct 19, 2006
I know this is a very old thread but I was just doing some research on google and found a link to this thread. I was working on that train this summer as a summer student. It was a great experience.

Great picture :)