Terrorism on the rails.

RonP

Member of the WMRC
Ralph said:
I think its pretty clear that the moderating staff, myself included does not ask the member ship to avoid nonrailroad related content...if you reread my comments you'll see that I am specifically asking people to monitor their own comments about the potentially "hot" topics of profiling and other political issues related to terrorrism that may be less of a railroad nature.

As for signatures everyone is welcome to express themselves within the bounds of good taste and consideration of others.
Ralph

Your are a very good moderator and this is why this board is so good.

CaNadiaN

Mar 5, 2006
WiscoNsiN
www.nscalecanada.com
RonP said:
Thats all i mean, is that actually nescassary ?

In canada here we recently found a bomb factory. At first though i think what a few of em bought a farmhouse now ? Like that'd be subtle LOL. It was a 19 year old white kid planning a colombine. Maybe time would be better spent securing the insecure namely us, and our neighbours.

I'm not making a stir just a thought
This might be getting a little too political, but that brings up another good point in the sense of the "ultimate" people behind the terrorist attacks - by that I mean the hijackers themselves - were American citizens.

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Hey Guys!

I was working on my layout and got to thinking:

On my model railroad which I am building, and for which I come to The Gauge to discuss, the Little Plastic People never make political statements, they never display a dislike for an entire country however subtle the display may be, and they never ever show any smug superiority of ideology or intellect. My model railroad is very enjoyable.

Thanks!
Gary

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Ron I appreciate your comments!

CaNadiaN said:
This might be getting a little too political, but that brings up another good point in the sense of the "ultimate" people behind the terrorist attacks - by that I mean the hijackers themselves - were American citizens.

I'm not sure what you mean here CaNadiaN. The hijackers were mostly Saudi nationals, none were American citizens, although they had been living in the country for a while prior to the attack.

Gary, you make a good point about the hobby being a nice escape from the stresses of the real world!

Thanks folks for keeping this thread civil! :thumb:
Ralph

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
I guess I should put some plastic army men along side the old lionel military train so they don't still the missiles.

However the only thing that would really be a problem is if the dog made a jump on to the new layout I have started. That would make a mess pretty quick.

Lets just hope everyone does enough that the trains stay safe after all if someone wants to get to them they will. It is too broad of a system to protect.