Teeny Toty Trek Ships

linweseregon

Before I show off my mini-minis I'd like to say a huge thank-you to all you fabulous designer dudes and dudettes - MTK, Christine, Paragon, D-Whale, Ninjatoes, Clever Santoro, to name but a few. I had a go myself, but it seems I can't think in 3D at the mo'; maybe in a few more months...
Anyway, some of the shuttles I've put together so far can be seen here:- http://linweseregon.blogspot.co.uk/ since uploading photos isn't possible here just now. More will follow as and when...

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I just looked at the photos of your models on your blog. They look really good.

You have come to the right place for SCI-FI. We have many members (including myself) who are GREATLY into SCI-FI. So I hope that you will feel at home here.

The forum is being migrated to a new platform. Hopefully it will not take too long to get everything up and running (and working) properly.

In the meantime, kickback, relax, and get to know the forum and the members.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

linweseregon

Thanks guys :). I'm already feeling at home having been a lurker for a week or two. I've built 50 tinys so far: I can't work so I can run off at least one a day usually. I started with full size models (Grissom, Rawens connie, dreadnought and Saladin, Ent-A and Reliant), but then discovered Rawen's 1:50,000's and there's been no stopping me on the mini-minis since - lol. I've posted a few more blog entries with rudimentary explanations of my methods, so I'll probably get round to uploading the entire fleet eventually - including a 6" conversion of Rawen's connie to the USS Constellation post-Doomsday Machine! I've read other posts saying that Doug Drexler is keen on his orthographics being turned into 3D models and I'm hoping he'd be pleased with my 1" to 1 1/2" Xindi, Vidiian, Takret, Monean, Bajoran and Cardassian ships, made by layering and/or expanding planes from his orthographics on Ex-Astris.
For now I'm hoping to get to 10 posts asap so I can download some hard to convert models, eg D-Whales D'Kyr, so... 2 down, 8 to go! ;-)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator

If you would like, you can post photos of your work in this thread (or you can start another thread, if you would like).

linweseregon

Thanks Rhaven :). I'll get round to uploading on a new thread at some point, possibly with a build guide for one of the converted Drex Files - I have sheets printed for a Dinaii hospital ship and a Bajoran/Karemma ship at the moment, so it'll probably be one of those.

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
I like your collection, and if i remember right is it the first time that i see another build of the Suliban shuttle! but the "Doomsday machine" was not from me, sorry!

linweseregon

Thanks for the compliment - I enjoyed building the Suliban shuttle very much :). I have the stealth cruiser in a build queue, although I think i might have printed it just a bit too small - lol. I've edited the Doomsday Machine credit - hopefully I'll find it's creator (along with all the others) when I go through papermodellers again...

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
here is a Klingon tos I made, and shrunk down to 4 per page. if you would like to try to build a teeny one.

Attachments

• gift klingon mini.png
    gift klingon mini.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 31

linweseregon

Thank-you very much Spaceagent :). I'm currently working on a D'kyr (which will probably take a few days!), but your cracking wee D7/K'Tinga will be next in line and I'll post a build log for it too :).
All the best,
Kirsty

spaceagent-9

I hope it comes together as a layered model well, please feel free to modify it any way you want, if you post the mods, it will help me figure out how to do layers.
thank you,
jim

linweseregon

@spaceagent-9
Hiya Jim,
If there's already a design to work from I don't really use layers - what I could do is take the ortho's from something like a Mazarite or Nausicaan ship, maybe even an Annari or Gor ship, where I have five views to work from and the layers would enhance the details? Having said that, I'm not averse to attempting a layered TOS Klingon; it might get my old grey matter going again ;-). I took technical drawing when I was at school, but that was 30 years ago and the neurons involved in it have kinda shut down over the years - I'm getting there though - lol.
Anyway, if you let me know what you'd prefer I'll get on it as soon as the D'Kyr is finished :)
All the best,
'K'

spaceagent-9

What ever makes you happy, I would like to see both ways to be honest!
this place ain't named Zealot fer nuthin!!
I am also very intrigued by the Vulcan ship you are doing, it's unimaginable at that scale to me.
got about 50 sheets to cut and assemble and maybe 30 more to print before I am even caught up.
I think its great that you are doing this, I might start a few layer ship gamers designs just for fun!
Very inspiring.

linweseregon

@spaceagent-9
Righty-ho - I'll try the Klingon both ways - lol. The domes on the bridge end will probably lend themselves to layers, but I'll have to get hold of slightly thinner card to do it justice methinks.
As for the others, I'll get round to them at some point anyway, so just keep an eye out for new posts :).
The good thing about pre-designed ships is that I can print off up to ten on one page, especially the simpler shuttles. The layers for the Drex Files ships have always taken a full page, but a lot of the space is taken up with duplication in case of errors.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Your Blog is awesome. Feel free to put it in your signature. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like you figured it out. Great!! As long as Blogs and the like are non profit, they can be put in your signatures. :)