Attachments

• reply.jpg
    reply.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 213

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Welcome to the Gauge Anachron. Don't ever worry about spelling. Many of us that were schooled in English make many errors so as you are from Sweden I think you did very well.
Dash10s idea is good.
Most buildings tend to be a bit blaa with boring colours so matching the existing colours of the wall would fit OK

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
It depends on the company occupying the warehouse. Some companies with a brick warehouse put all of their money into product, and don't ever buy paint. If that is the case, the pillasters (right word?) around the edges would match the mortar between the bricks. Other companies use paint to make their building stand out as an eyecatcher to help identify the company. In that case the large sections of cement would be painted whatever color the company thought looked nice. It might be a neutral sandstone color, but it also might be something bright and colorful. For instance Federal Cold Storage in Vernon, Ca. has a building that is partly concrete tiltup, and partly brick. The building is painted an off white, but all of the reinforcing columns are painted bright blue to match the lettering in the company's sign.

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
USA
so I have extreme problems with getting things right ;)
and because I cant get any american buildings I have to stick with ordinary europeian buildings...

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by Anachron
USA...
and because I cant get any american buildings I have to stick with ordinary europeian buildings...
That building looks like it would fit in any USA scene. It could have been built anytime between the late 1800's and the early to mid 1900's. and still be in use today.

Don