tank #802.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebeltex

..., a PzKw. III of the 13th panzer division, prepares to advance deeper into Russia. look out tractor factory!

i decided to update the old panzer 3. only the early two so far. i think it is an improvement over the old. cheers, c.b.

p.s. figure by Preiser. i highly recommend their figures for 1/72 models. they have other scales as well.

Attachments

• PzKw III blitz grey view web sample.JPG
    PzKw III blitz grey view web sample.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 395

Tirta

Hi nebeltex,

what a nice build !
for 1/72, it looks very good,
but where are the armored skirts?

regards,

Tirta

nebeltex

.....meanwhile, far to the south, a PzKw. III stands a tense vigil at the edge of the Libyan desert. The crew of tank #531, from the 21st Panzer division, anxiously await re-supply.

these two represent the earlier series of Mk III. no skirts.

Attachments

• PzKw III DAK view web sample.JPG
    PzKw III DAK view web sample.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 310

ramatoto

The skirts apeared first in the middle of 1943 - according to my informations - as the russian anti-tank-weapons become better.

Good job Nebeltex, and very good pictures!!!

Ralf

Jim Krauzlis

Outstanding work, nebeltex!

Quite convincing builds and photos! I love the addition of the figures you used, they really add to the overall appearance of the finished model, as does the realistic photo presentation.

Just a reminder for those unfamiliar with these models, I assume they are kits so where can one find them?

Cheers!
Jim

nebeltex

these two are based on some of our first offerings (design #13), offered free from april 2003 to june 2004. i was pleasantly surprised to see our old grey one built (on a french site) as one of the top offerings when i googled "PzKw III" for images. the models come without numbers or unit markings. we now include a markings page for the german tanks and vehicles. this is in .tif so cut and paste to the vehicle is fairly easy. some parts of some models will require some tilting and modifying markings or numbers (#802, turned 90*, then 3* in image forge).

finishing new directions now. should be available at 0800Z, june 12, here;

http://www.papertigerarmaments.com/PzKwMarkIII.html

wait until you see what's next..... ;-)
c.b.

Jim Krauzlis

Thanks, Ray and nebeltex...always felt a great model design is worth a link to show folks where they too can find them.:grin:

papertigerarmaments.com is a wonderful resource for many models and really well worth a visit by those interested in this scale and type of model. The addition of the markings option is a superb idea to help "personalize" a model build.

I am proud to say I have a number of these kits in my inventory which I look forward to building in the near future...same old story, so many outstanding models, too little time to build, at the present...but that's a whole 'nuther story I won't bore y'all with.

Cheers!
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.