Taking the tight loop out

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Val , re that building,, Can you believe, I picked it up for $10 at a junk stand!!!!!!!. At last years Christmas show.
It was yellow and yuck looking:eek:
I gave it the Chris Walker look, and a paint job:D
And wwwwwoooooooo .

A Neat looking station.:thumb:

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Chris, could this be the POLA kit of the Rico station? (Rico station on the RGS it is for sure.)

If yes, then you made a little (??? :rolleyes: ) gem out of it, because the original kit is molded in a garish ochre yellow with a dark blue roof (yuck!)
And if no, then it's still great how you painted and weathered it! :thumb:

Ron

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hi Chris,

QUICK was for some time the German by-name of the (I think Danish) firm POLA. So in Germany the kits were sold under the brand QUICK. But now POLA belongs to FALLER, another famous German model manufacturer. Not only the railroads have fallen flags - mergers are just as common in the modeling business! :( :( :(

I checked the home page of FALLER, and it seems that they dropped the HO and N scale line. This is somewhat a pity, because POLA had quite a lot of interesting American prototype structures (i.e. the famous Chama coaling tower).

I also have the Rico station kit and I will place it on my layout. Picture will follow as soon as I have built and installed it.

Ron