Taking Modeling Projects On The Road

Drew1125

It occured to me that I might menbtion this little idea that I had, since a lot of us maybe traveling to far-flung places for the Holidays.
A couple of years ago, a neighbor of mine gave one of my kids an old brief case that he had replaced with a new one.
My daughter never found any use for it, & it ended up sitting on the floor of my basement, & after I had tripped over it a couple of times, I was about to throw it away, & then I got this idea that I could use it to hold some of my modeling supplies. Then it further occured to me that this thing would travel nicely, sort of a modeler's "shaving kit". I cou;d pack things like styrene, decals, paint, brushes, etc... & of course a couple of frieght cars, or some other small project to work on. I even have a little piece of masonite to use as a work surface.
Now, whenever I'm going out of town, & run the risk of becoming bored, I can throw a little model railroading in the car "to go"! (and this little case takes up virtually no space!)
Come on folks, admit it - 48 hours at the in-laws can really hit some slow spots! :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas everyone!!:)

Great idea, Charlie.

But I don't advise trying to board a plane with it!

Nor getting in a political discussion with the inlaws while clutching your Xacto knife!

Bill

Drew1125

You're right about the plane Bill. Being primarily a "land-lubber", that hadn't occured to me.
And 23 years of marriage has taught me -
Don't discuss politics with the in-laws - period! ;)