Takin' the bus

C

Catt

Here's a couple pix of the railbus project.

arailbus1.jpg

Not showing in the pix there are 4 doors on each side.

arailbus3.jpg

Not very good pix ,but as you can see I'm well on the way to finishing it..:D

C

Catt

0n30,haven't decided what colour to paint it yet. Got any suggestions???

Drew1125

That is very cool, Catt!:cool: :cool: :cool:
Are you changing scales on us? :D
Did that bus by any chance begin life as an HO switcher?

C

Catt

The bus is for my modern day narrow gauge tourist railroad.

No I am not changing scales ,just adding another one to the mix.:D

It started out as a sheet of .060 black styrene though the power truck is from a Bachmann 70 tonner.

billk

Most buses around here are either schoolbus yellow, or a blue-gray color known locally as Baptist blue, since it seems that when school buses retire they get "adopted" by one of the Baptist churches and repainted in that color. What you're building doesn't look like it started out as a school bus, though.

Tyson Rayles

Here's a chance for Catt to relive is youth! He can paint it school bus yellow, then paint a bunch of flowers and peace symbols on it. Also slogans like "Make Love not War" or "Hell No We Won't Go". Then whenever he puts it on the layout for a spin he can just stick a Grateful Dead CD in and he's all set!!!! :D :rolleyes: :p :D
P.S. Also needs bumber stickers that read "Don't come a knocking if this bus is a rocking" ! and the ever popular "Don't laugh your daughter could be in here" ! :D :D :D

C

Catt

Tyson,that CD most likely would be Alabama ,or Brooks & Dunn. By the way the is painted now I just haven't taken any pics yet,and so far it ain't yellow:D

C

Catt

Nope,I need my OJ. :D :D :D

Seems like I either get thease pix too light or too dark

brailbus3.jpg

brailbus5.jpg

Oh well,either way I got it ORANGE !!! :D

Door handles (so ya can get in) and window glass and she's done.

C

Catt

a family portrait

Here's a pic of 3 of the 4 current narrow gauge units on the GVR

a3some2a.jpg

How do ya like the stack on the Porter?? It's the business end of a Testors/Modelmaster glue bottle.:D

Probly gonna repaint the bus yellow.

They're all great Catt, but I'm in love with the porter. It's gotta be the cutest power unit I've seen in a long time :) .

You're a dab hand with the styrene! ... Don't know where you get the inspiration, skill and patience from.:)

:D . I guess the Bachmann mechanisms run at just the right speed for On30 too. Great!

Errol

C

Catt

Errol,I've already decided that I need at least 2 more of the Porter 0-4-2s set up just like this one.:D :D :D

C

Catt

No Shane the bus is still ORANGE!!!!! It will mosty likely stay that way for awhile