T337 HMT Coldstreamer. WW2 Royal Navy armed trawler, scale 1/200

strk

Ladies and gents,

after two months of hard work, I finished my last project:

T337 HMT Coldstreamer - WW2 Royal Navy armed trawler, scale 1/200.

The model is designed from scratch, and shows the vessel in her early configuration.

This one is "standard paper build". No photo-etched parts, laser-cuts formers and other techniques: just paper, knife and glue. And few inches of thin copper wire and fishing line.

I started from internal construction (framework). As always, frames and deck are glued onto 1mm cardboard:

Hull skin and framework is designed the way that gives choice to the modeler to build full-hull model or water-line model.
Hull skin above waterline is glued to the skeleton with step-by-step method (~ one inch in a sequence):

Foredeck is difficult to form and glue (unlike the rest of the model):

Next step: hull skin below waterline. I started from the foremost element, towards aft:

Stern is another tricky part of the build, see why:
I'm pretty satisfied with the result:thumb:

The hull:

Main superstructure. This is simple and small module, no internal framework necessary - I only used 0.5mm to reinforce the "ceiling"
and thin 1mm stripes to make the edges more rigid:

I added also a small construction on the aft:

and started to glue deck details:

Main superstructure continuation. Simple boxes. The funnel (?) is made w/out internal reinforcements: it's just slightly flattened tube:

Deck details. I dont know how You name it, but the pics will explain everything:

Stairs. Another challenging element. It was not necessary to cut out the steps, but this element is designed to do this:

Stern 20mm gun mount and boat-deck:

Air intakes or wentilation on the midship deck:

Midship 20mm gun mount:

Main deck gun mount and some anchoring equipment (please name it for me):

General view:

Mk XIX QF main gun turret, DC rack Mk9, main mast:
Mast is made of sorta big toothpick, the boom - of traditional toothpick :)

Further details and rigging:

This is my idea for 20mm Oerlikon guns:

Each gun consists of seven elements.

And the final pics:

I hope You like it.
:wave:

HMT Coldstreamer, scale 1/200 has been designed on Modelarstwo Okretowe* magazine request and will be published in November 2011.

* Polish ship modeler's magazine.