T-Maxxes and Savages

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mr_chris04, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pimp

pimp Active Member

fully suped up t maxx aginst a fully suped up savage the t maxx is going to win
  2. redheat

redheat Member

If you plan on dumping a bunch of money into a truck for reverse, stick with the tmaxx you get that plus a 2 speed trans. one of thr top rated racing engines, great traxxas support team, parts out the azz, tons of upgrades, and the ability to leap tall buildings if the need should arise.
  3. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

wicked ill check prices today
  4. redheat

redheat Member

When the time comes to buy after checking your lhs try Tower hobbies they have a really good selection and info. about the truck or what ever you decide on getting.
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

6. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

i seen all that before still doesnt change my mind who wants to take a vote?
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

it made me like it even more. the savages get way more air then the maxx. it doesnt help that the maxx driver isnt that great compared to the others.
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Hey if air is your thing go purchase a heli or ballons or something down that line, how can that be any kinda deciding factor in purchasing a MT.
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Monster wasnt ragging on you just dont like those senseless air shows.
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

its cool man. i think its awsome seeing them jump the shed. i watched one when they had a big jump and a truck did like 3 backflips but i thi9nk it was a stadium. i thought the savy did good on the bmx track but they had a lot of experience.
  11. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

like maybe id use it for off roading and small jums but i can also turn it into a rock crawler; you knwo it wont be the first rc truck imgetting
  12. WESTSIDERIDER310

WESTSIDERIDER310 Member

Ok if you don't mind spending money get the t-maxx....and try living next to a hobby store because you'll be there alot...my buddy has a t-maxx and that thing breaks all the time....the savage is the better truck...its slower than the t-maxx but it durablity makes up for it....also it has a two speed and a three shoe clutch.....i have had my savage for a while and i haven't put one penny in it yet....well no i lie, i did buy a fuel filter and a failsafe......the savage is 389.99 and the t-maxx is about 329.99 but to make the t-maxx as durable as the savage you'll probably spend another 200 or 300 dollars overall....i know a number of t-maxx owners that have sold there t-maxx just to buy a savage....and they tell me it was the best thing they have ever done.....speed isn't everything if you can't even play with it for more than a run or two before something breaks....
  13. WESTSIDERIDER310

WESTSIDERIDER310 Member

And that guy in the video....i bet he bought the truckzilla converstion kit...and just burned the old savage...because alot of parts were missing.....
  14. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

wel i dunno now lol id really liek to have reverse on the#@$% thing so i can back up do i really need it?
  15. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

i would love to see a video with a tm,axx and savage head to head contest kinda thing if anyone could help me out t here that would help alot!
  16. redheat

redheat Member

310 sounds like your talking about a sportmaxx t-maxx has 2 speed ,rev. but not for 329. cheapest Ive ever seen it has been 369 with a coupon fro tower. I've got 2 of them . Anyway I think I no what your saying, yea they do break and unless you no what your doing the 2.5 can be a little difficult to tune.
  17. pimp

pimp Active Member

savage may get more air but what good is it going to do u when u have to go and pick it up when it lands on the top or the truck t maxx is way better in everything it does compared to a savage
  18. monsterrcbuilder04

well if you are good then you wont be picking it up as much.the savage would be a better crawler. heres a good durability test. buy them both and drop them off your roof and see which ine has less damage. the reverse modual is only like $30-$40. thats not a lot and it just pops into the tranny instead of changeing all the gears
  19. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

20. niner

niner Member

if u want performance get a t-maxx, if u cant drive[^] get a savage in other words.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.