t maxx q

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by pimp, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pimp

pimp Active Member

i was wondering why ppl say smartec dont make a t maxx which as they cant make a t maxx cus traxxas has already made a t maxx but it is simaler but also if u think about it traxxas dosent make a 1/8 rc only 1/10 and when u make a t maxx 1/8 it is still a t maxx and traxxas makes stock replacment parts for the t maxx so say some on fully hops up a t maxx with intagy parts then there is nothing traxxas it defeats the whole perpose of haveing a t maxx it isent 1/10 it dosent have traxxas prided trx 2.5 motor and it has nothing on it made by traxxas so why is it still a t maxx and a smartec t maxx dosent have any traxxas parts but nither does a fully hopped up t maxx so i am just wondering why this is
  2. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

its just a brand thing...
    but you have a point...
    people buy a t-maxx and then they spend like $2000 in aluminum parts an engine and tranny. They pretty much have a custom made truck not a t-maxx...people will call it a t-maxx because that is what they started with...go figure
  3. pimp

pimp Active Member

anyone have another thery
  4. pimp

pimp Active Member

well it make no since to me either but i would prefer a t maxx strait out of the box with a bunch of glow plugs and a bunch of spur gears and no hop ups and a bunch of nitro 20% fule and a bunch of space to run it than to spend a bunch of money on a bunch of weight and a bunch of problems with a bunch of alluminem i prefer to do wheelies and jumps but with a heavy t maxx u cant jump and a steel spur gear u cant do wheelies as easy cus the tranny dosent catch traction as fast cus u have a pound spur gear on the dam thing but i thought when i got my spur gear that i wouldent buy another but i have the steel spur gear and still buy the plastic ones cus a heavt spur gear on a .15 motor dosent go together really good but that is just what i like :)
  5. lostdogeater

lostdogeater New Member

you got no periods in that whole thing its hard to read
  6. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

it is funny you compare t maxx to the smartech truck, because i was just on there site, and told my friend that there truck looked identicle to my maxx.
  7. redheat

redheat Member

No comparison ......
  8. rustler

rustler Member

what is smartechs website
  9. pimp

pimp Active Member

i was just saying i wasent compareing them i was saying that a fully hopped up t maxx is still a t maxx and a smartech isent a t maxx also so what is the diffrence
  10. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

i realize there is no comparison between traxas and smartech, however, if i took a smartech, and put all the hopups on it, motor and all, it would be cheaper than buying a t maxx and hopping it up, and no one would know it wasn't a smartech.so if you are going to rip out everything on the truck, and buy better stuff, why not start out with a cheep truck?
  11. steven.b

steven.b New Member

or if all your going to do is hop-ups right away
    you may not even have to buy a truck to begin with
    lol
  12. redheat

redheat Member

If starting from bare bones it would cost about twice as much to build and thats if you made a exact rtr.
  13. rustler

rustler Member

not to mention it would take forever also
  14. redheat

redheat Member

If you had all the parts you could put it together by lunch. But like I was saying it would cost ya.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.