T-800 endoskelton.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mousemuffins1, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Good plan! sign1
  2. kcpstudio

kcpstudio Member

OK... Here's another pic of the middle finger. LOL I have some rework to do on the knuckle and spacer but the general shape is there. I also ordered one of the resin endo arm kits so I'll have 1:1 exact measurements to go on instead of pics alone. As you can see by the knuckle... using multiple pics and trying to keep the scale correct between all of them can be a pain. I ask everyone to have patience with me as I'm learning a lot about difficulties you can have with Pepakura.

assem7.jpg
  3. Red

Red Member

I was wondering about the cables that operates the fingers on the hand, they go from the fingers down the to the base of the forarm. but what pulls the cables to move the fingers.I dont see anything there the cables just end

Attached Files:

4. kcpstudio

kcpstudio Member

Hi Red.... The cables you see are the cable housings. The actual cables would exit out of the cable housings at the knucke and wrap through the pulleys in the fingers and terminate at the tip of the fingers. Now that's what I was told by another prop guy. I never saw the actual prop itself so I can't say.
  5. kcpstudio

kcpstudio Member

First PDO

OK.... I have a PDO file of the knuckle for you BETA testers out there. After I got the scale coorect and printed the piece out, it is apparent that this is going to be extremely challenging to build. I think we may have to look at other options so your input would be appreciated.
    If anyone can instruct me as to how to load the file, I would appreciate that as well as it looks like I can't post a PDO file larger than 19.5 KB. sign1
  6. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Okay, PDO me. Mousemuffins@hotmail.com In answer to where do the cables go, they don't go anywhere. on the prop where you see the fingers moving, they exited somewhere near the elbow, and were manipulated by puppeteers. Same goes for the chest, the pistons don't go anywhere special, there's no power supply and the cavity is basically empty. propmakers generally don't worry about making stuff that won't be seen. Also, i'm assured that oposing pistons like in the bicep area, whilst looking cool, would become hydrostaticly locked with even the tiniest desynchronisation, and are extremly dodgy from a design perspective. on the same note, most (if not all)of the pistons don't have an oil resevoir or pressure hose, so don't work.
  7. the mole

the mole Member

Would it be possible to also put the PDO file in PDF form? I have nothing that reads PDO files.
  8. kcpstudio

kcpstudio Member

You're correct Mouse... I thought Red was asking how the cables connected to the fingers since the cable sheaths end at the knuckles in the hand. That's why I mentioned about the actual cables running through the pulleys in the fingers and terminate at the finger tips. I beleave you're correct about the cables ending at the elbow. I'll send you the PDO to your email. You'll have to let me know what you seriously think though. If this is too difficult for modelers because of it's size, we should come up with another plan. I'm game to continue... I just want to make sure everyone can do this and will be happy.
  9. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

okay, got the file. First thing I notice is that it would be better designed as two completly separate pieces, as Pep tends to make things needlesly complex and weak by leaving voids where the parts join. Also, if this is going to be part of an articulated movement, it's going to need some reinforcement, at least behind the arches. I'll start building it shortly.
  10. Red

Red Member

thanks for the info on the prop :thumb: I had thought that when the T-800 prop was made for the second movie, that more pistons and hoses were added to the thing to make it more real :mrgreen:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Soooo I would guess that detail would be up to the model builder to add.

Thank you kcpstudio for the work you are doing. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

only draw back is I will soon have too much free time
    my job called every one in for a meeting and told all of us that we are layed off on 12-19-08 till further notes not fun ouch.
  11. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Okay, I've built it up with the modifications mentioned above.

[​IMG]

a couple of added formers, the bottom one replaces the card entirely.

[​IMG]

the two separate pieces...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've built it with 160 GSM, laminated from two pieces of standard 80 GSM copy paper. I don't think anyone with a bit of experience is going to have to many problems, but I think it's the nature of the beast to be a bit on the complex side. I'm also betting that once one has built eight of these their last one will look way better than the first!!
  12. kcpstudio

kcpstudio Member

Hi Mouse,
    Looks great! OK then... looks like I'll move forward then. Just so people know who are looking at the above pics... mouse built a piece of my model which is pretty darn small. In the mid section of this part it is around .6" X .6" and he did a fantastic job. Mouse, I still have a few things to add yet... like the pivot point to the knuckle. In the arch section there will be a hole for the pins to join the next section of finger. Over the weekend I'll finish the fingers and create the PDO files. I'll then send them to you if you like and you can work some magic. We can discuss color, etc later on. I'll leave everything white. I do have the actuators in the hand worked out so that the fingers will not only bend but also sway side to side. The wrist joint is worked out as well so the actuators in the arms will work too. The knuckle you just built is the hardest piece of the puzzle and now that I know building it won't be a problem... I'll move at full steam. Thanks again for your help, I greatly appreciate it as well as the rest of the members here. For all who have emailed me.... be patient a little longer. As soon as I have some of the rough bugs worked out, I'll start to post the files. I don't want too many rough beta files out there.
    Hey, do we have anyone on board who is good with Photoshop? What about you Mouse? Maybe we can find someone to draw up and color some parts.... maybe even add battle damage. I don't know.... just a thought. This isn't my day job.... figured we could get a nice model together by drawing off of different talents. Anywa, I'll let you guys know if I go that route.
  13. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Awesome. E-mail the files when they're ready. I won't be back online for about a week, but I'm still able to build.
  14. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Red, you must work in the auto industry. I, too, have a layoff coming up the 19th of this month for 6 weeks. :cry:

I'm still trying to figure out which model(s) I wanna start. Gonna try and not go stir-crazy. All hail cardmodeling, the cabin fever preventer! lol

edit- Btw, kcpstudio...based on what you have already...any idea of the size of the completed model or is it too early to tell?
  15. Red

Red Member

I think kcpstudio had said that the thing would be 6' tall. a 1:1 scale

( I was working as a welder )
    sorry to here about your job to causticphlegm
  16. Red

Red Member

:wave: So kcpstudio now that I am home all day :curse: ( except for job searches ) I could try some test build as well as Mousemuffins1.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    so what programs would i need to use?
  17. Red

Red Member

I was not looking for this when I found the TERMINATOR T800 Life-SIZE T2 ENDOSKELETON Paper Model
    It is for sale now as reprint (from what i understood ) the store site i found it on was a pirate site Sorry for this bad post sorry to get hopes up.:cry:
  18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Clearly a case of posting before thinking.

So you think it's a legit idea to sell a model for $10 that you would normally get for up to 10 times that???

This is a pirate site selling the original model that was scanned.

Come on folks... think before you post these sites.
  19. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I agree with StevO, it's got to be a copy. The original was a book, not a file on cd.

The company that the link leads to also advertise this model on ebay, I've tried reporting the sale before, but got nowhere.
  20. Red

Red Member

:confused: Sorry my face is red and head is down in shame:cry:
    and thank you for removing the link