T-60 Power Armor build (Fallout 4) [FINISHED]

daishi

The good news: finally managed to log in again and picture upload is working :)
The bad: I managed to delete most of the progress photos I took in the past few months. T_T
Here are the survivors:
T60_X0_01.jpg T60_X0_02.jpg T60_X0_03.jpg

I worked on the model in really small increments since the last update. But finally managed to get most of the parts assembled for a build
T60_X0_04.jpg
The hands, helmet and some details on the back are still missing. As is the hoist. (or what's it called in English)
T60_X0_05.jpg T60_X0_06.jpg T60_X0_07.jpg T60_X0_08.jpg T60_X0_09.jpg T60_X0_10.jpg
The chest plate and pauldrons are one assembly and can be detached (magnets are so much fun), so I can show off the frame underneath :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This is really coming together beautifully!!!
Your attention to detail is AMAZING! Most of the parts look very realistic!

daishi

The helmet and the hands are done.
The big ribbed pipes were a nightmare to make on the T-51b and the T-60 has even longer ones, so my laziness won out. With a "been there done that" exclamation I used the flexible parts of some plastic straws. which were fortunately about the same size. :p
Some of the fingers joins are deliberately missing since that side is the one that was stripped of plates and whatnot.
T60_X1_01.jpg T60_X1_02.jpg T60_X1_03.jpg T60_X1_04.jpg
T60_X1_05.jpg T60_X1_07.jpg T60_X1_08.jpg T60_X1_09.jpg

With this only a few extra pieces from the back and phase 1 will be done.

daishi

Started on the hoist (or whats it called). So the first attempt was scaled to the armor following the game, and it was huge, and not detailed enough for the size. So I did some creative scaling and cutting, so the thing still look big but actually fit in my display case :) ...
Then I mistook a height of 338 mm to be around 38 cm high, so that print was disposed of too :( . So finally I had one with good size and it should look great when I finish.
T60_X4_01.jpg

daishi

Still not much time this past 2 weeks but it's getting along.
Finished with the pneumatic/hydraulic pump and its piping (nee some weathering on the wires I used for pipes though)
Started on the chains, they still need a thin layer of paper and a thick coat of paint but the general shape is done.
Also started a forgotten pipe on the armored leg of the armor, and some other piping is needed to the hoist arms, but overall Its really close to Phase 2 completion.
T60_X5_09.jpg T60_X5_07.jpg T60_X5_08.jpg
T60_X5_10.jpg T60_X5_05.jpg T60_X5_06.jpg
T60_X5_04.jpg T60_X5_02.jpg T60_X5_03.jpg T60_X5_01.jpg
I just realized my "creative resizing" on the hoist had some side effects, the texture to the angular beam on each side shifted a bit. I think Its time to add some warning stickers and put some bolts to the correct position next week.

daishi

Finally Phase 2 is complete. (that means the armor hoist is complete).
Managed to hide/recreate the bolt that was misaligned on the sides, by adding a warning sign and a new bolt. the chains got their new layer of papers, but while I was looking for a new tube of glue, I found some wire I had left over from the Gatling laser of my T-51b. It was just the right diameter for the chains so I used that instead.
The pipe for the armor's leg is wire based paper painted over.
T60_X6_02.jpg T60_X6_04.jpg T60_X6_03.jpg T60_X6_05.jpg T60_X6_15.jpg
T60_X6_08.jpg T60_X6_06.jpg
Now that I have an idea of the size this model I dropped Phase 3 (Dogmeat), I was on the fence on if I should build him, but now I have my final decision on the matter.

And with that out of the way I started on the Phase 4: the clutter.
Step 1 is the magazine rack. I think i will have to impregnate this with super glue, to make this resilient enough for travel.
T60_X6_11.jpg T60_X6_12.jpg T60_X6_13.jpg

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Daishi, you really have the touch! I think these are the most difficult kind of models to build. I never see any white lines in your models. You make sure every parts fits, and does what it takes to make them look fantastic. You have the right to be proud of your work. :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
@daishi You have done a PHENOMENAL JOB on this project! I would like to echo @zathros comments. Your skills are very professional. I can not see fault with anything that you have done.

daishi

Had to restart the magazine rack because it was too small, but progress is good.

The rack itself was impregnated with quick-glue to make it more sturdy. For the magazines I separated the layers of the paper I printed the covers on to make them thinner, then layered regular 180gsm paper with brown baking paper. For the baking paper I tore the edges instead of cutting to make them more time worn. (Since the mags are supposed to be 200 years old :) )
T60_X7_02.jpg T60_X7_03.jpg T60_X7_04.jpg T60_X7_06.jpg
T60_X7_05.jpg T60_X7_07.jpg T60_X7_08.jpg T60_X7_09.jpg

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Is there a template for the magazine rack, or is it something that you just scratch built?
If it is a template, is it available on your site?

daishi

Is there a template for the magazine rack, or is it something that you just scratch built?
If it is a template, is it available on your site?
I generally release models after I've built them, so it is not available yet.
But I can put just the magazine rack up if you like. If I can remember it this evening I'll do just that. ;)

EDIT: I've remebered https://1drv.ms/u/s!At18B9zUt-n0hJVgkg5GCkEnA43qAg

Last edited: