T-16 Skyhopper

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, Jun 27, 2011.

1. MTK

MTK Active Member

"I used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home.... They're not much bigger than two meters..."

I've been playing with this model for some time and when not actively working on other things I come back to this now and again. I'm getting ready to print up a trial run on this and thought I would ask all of the modelers here what would be a good size for this. This model is only seen briefly in one scene in the first movie. Anyone have any idea what the actual size of this is supposed to be?

Thanks in advance for the help.:thumb:

Attached Files:

2. MTK

MTK Active Member

OK, found out from another forum that it's supposed to be 16 meters, got this link as well.... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-16_skyhopper

Wonder what size the model was in the movie...? Thinking of making this one 24". Since I've got a big Man-Cave, these big models are no problem. Besides, I like big models, they're so much easier to detail and make to look like something substantial and easier to film and look as though they have some mass to them.
  3. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Cool! We can bulls - eye plenty of Womprats with this baby.
  4. MTK

MTK Active Member

LOL! Yeah, we can make a competition out of it and the loser buys drinks at Mos Eisley Space Port.
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I'd sure like one of these! I used to have the other one on my old computer, but the computer died of a virus and the site I downloaded it from is no more.
  6. MTK

MTK Active Member

Well...... I'm working on it while I work on everything else. I've been playing around with the folds and what-not for some time, Would you like me to send you the files?
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

MTK, I think you must exhale models, it's really incredible, the way you pump these out!
  8. MTK

MTK Active Member

Not really. As Ive said... I've been playing with some of these models for
    a long time and just recently learned to texture them correctly thanks to a few folks here who helped me out.:thumb:
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

This level of multitasking is something I wish I could achieve, Rock On!!
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thanks.:thumb:
  11. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

If you want to, but I may not touch it for a while. :oops:
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Well, no worries then, it's still in developement. I've got to finish the Cylon, the Hatak, The Akira......etc.... and so on.:mrgreen:
  13. loenf

loenf Member

The Cylon? Yes now I remember, I`ve seen some pics. When do you think its time to build the first beta version? I am looking forward to your next model.

regards Loenf
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

i've built the beta version and have hosted it, it's up for grabs with links in the thread, you're welcome to it. I'm doing the sculpt on that model now and am updating that thread as we speak.
  15. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you LOENF. I've been watching your work and you're doing a fine job. I can't wait to get this finished. I've actually been working on this while posting other progress, just so I would have the time to get this looking really good.. BTW, have you ever played Fallout 3? I've got a bunch of those models in the works too. Thanks for your interest and comments. I really appreciate it!:thumb: