Syr. Train Show

wortchillergoal

The first weekend of Nov every year brings the CNY Train show at our state fairgrounds. It is a big show that fills two of the grounds biggest halls.

I look forward to it every year. It has gotten better as now that I am a father with a son. He is 4 and loves his trains. We spent four hours at the show today. I think that is pretty good for an autistic child. We have a grate time taking in all the wonderful layouts and people. He seems to have a thing for the NYC. I find that amazing as his great-great grandfather was an engineer for that line. The only disappointment was that a couple of exhibitors that had American Flyer and Lionel at kid level with all the beels and whistles to play with were not there this year. We still had a great time.

I go to many shows, with my boy along, and I think this is one of the best. I am now looking forward to next year.

Syracuse Train Fair

This year was my first visit to this show, and it was HUGE. I was a bit surprised at the amount of Lionel and Large Scale stuff, in comparison to HO etc., but that's not a complaint. It isn't my thing, but I guess that's what the public wants, and anything that promotes the hobby is good. I only spent about an hour there; and, amazingly, didn't buy anything! Ran into a few friends and acquaintances and generally enjoyed it.