Switch tracks

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
As I recall...

As I recall Atlas made curved switch tracks at one time.

Where they are now- well- they thought that N would take off at the time- about 20 years ago- prolly found out that they weren't big sellers- then!

The way things are goin'- if Atlas won't re-introduce them (and believe me- they have people researching these sites for marketing schemes) someone else will. The question is- can ya design around it, or are ya willing to wait?

I say design around it and lament what could be or forget the lament and run trains.

Regards,

Mark

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Heck!!!

Heck!!!

I can't think of an model RR where curved switched weren't required!!! HO-G-N, I ran 'em all!

<-------Makes note to contact manufacturer- We are turning trains in corners of our spare space- where's the beef??? (read as curved turnouts, so curved turnouts can feed yards typically coming off curves!!!!)

Gee I think I just padded Atlas's bottom line by 1.8M (estimated time to market- 3 years).

You heard it here first!

Mark

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Peco flextrack & turnouts are compatable with the Atlas flex & Atlas Snap Track...& they make curved turnouts....not sure about the radii, though...if I were you, I'd give them a try.

jdh

Jan 3, 2003
Visit site
fleischmann has curved switches [molded in roadbed] that will work.

the molded in roadbed is grey, and still maintains the same height as the "no roadbed" atlas track.

joiners work on both brands.

i don't remember if these are 'selective' or not.
if they were, i wired around them so i can't tell.

mine are 10+ years old