Swinger's 1:9 machine gun

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Leif Oh, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

It pays to keep an eye on the front page announcements of new additions to the gallery. Shouldn't have to tell you this, but go have a look at Swinger's 1:9 rendition of a machine gun. Living proof of the merits of up-scaling, I would say. - L.
  2. Atomsk

Atomsk Member

<nitpick>Actually not a machine gun.

It's a Barrett semi-automatic sniper rifle.

It fires the same .50 BMG ammunition as a Browning heavy macnine gun, but one at a time.</nitpick>
  3. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

Leif, What is it upscaled from? Is it a kit itself or part of a larger kit? Inquiring minds want to know. It is a wonderful build. I apprecate the nitpick I was wondering about some of the details of the gun.

Another masterpiece. John
  4. jasco

jasco Member

Is Swinger a proffesional artist/modeller? The amount he posts to this forum is mind boggling.
  5. Jimi

Jimi Member

Im quite intrigued with why the flash suppresor of the barrett is designed as such. is it to reduce recoil? (with a gun loaded with bullets the size of antelopes, maybe. ) i dont know. The model looks exactly like the real thing.. :)
  6. Swinger

Swinger Member

Indeed, this is a sniper rifle. :) A very... tiny one. :cool:

No... Unfortunately, I'm not a professional modeller. :) Nothing of these. No-one has ever wanted to buy my models. However, if someone does, just let me know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This rifle was built as a part of a bigger for-fun project... Every member of my modelling club (informally known as "The Order" ;-) ) was to build a Teutonic knight's model with his own face and some funny equipment. I've made a sniper-knight. :) All the knights built were shown at the championship in Skawina near Kraków=Cracow (it was the last, 10th contest there, and the knights were to kiss Skawina good bye ;-) ).

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the main "body" of the model rifle is too thin. Should be a bit thicker. Anyway, it was my first scratchbuilt model, so I was very satisfied with it.

Here you can see more photos of the Barrett M82A1 rifle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

:shock:

UN-believable. VERY VERY realistic model.

FYI... it acts as a combo muzzel brake......flash suppressor. Not that is possible to completely hide the flash from a 50 cal.

This gun has been touted in the US news media as a sniper rifle, but in fact it was designed mainly to be used against 'hard targets', ie. vehicles, equipment, etc.... not 'soft targets' such as people. This is NOT to say that it could not (has not??) be used in that way. The Brits have one that was designed as an anti-tank weapon, that was used in WWII, and later.
    These mostly use hardened, armor piercing rounds.
  8. Swinger

Swinger Member

I've read somewhere that this rifle was designed for mujahedins fighting against Russians in Afganistan. They ordered an anti-armor weapon that could be operated by a single man. But I don't know whether this is true, I'm not a gun-expert.

Anyway, there exist even 20mm sniper "rifles".