Swap Meet Finds

Glen Haasdyk

Found some really good deals at the Model railroad swap meet today. First I managed to buy 7 peco Turnouts for $30. That replaces all the atlas turnouts that I got for my expasion with pecos. Then I got a Juneco Craftsman kit station (nicely built) for $9. As well as an unbuilt Suydam Meat packing plant kit for $5. Finally as the show was winding down I got a box of Train Miniature FA-1 parts with enough peices to build 2 powered 'A's , 1 dummy 'B' and a dummy 'A'. I picked all that up for $20. The Train Miniature engines run and athearn drive and have a fairly decent shell, not P2K but passable on my layout.

NYC-BKO

Good for you, Glen.
Looks like you got some really good deals, winter projects!:thumb:
Nothing wrong with the TM FA's that a little work won't fix, I wish I could find a deal like that, I would take them. I like rebuilding older engines! Maybe I'll find something at the flea market today, 3 wks ago I got $60 worth of Kadees for $3.
Once again good for you.:)

Glen Haasdyk

Thanks Brian, now I gotta find decals for the FA's , 2 'a' units wil be Canadian National and a 'a' and a 'b' will be Canadian Pacific

Steve,
I was helping my club out at the show yersterday and I got there at 7:00 am. I did most of my purchases before the show opened to the public at 10:00. I guess the early bird does get the worm!

F

Fred_M

Lighthorseman said:
Good on ya, Glen! I must be going to the wrong shows and swap meets.
Yeah, last on I was at they were trying to sell a bachmann trainset heavyweight coach for $50 claiming it was an old collectable vintage rail car from the 60's. Fred

shaygetz

Glen Haasdyk said:
I was helping my club out at the show yersterday and I got there at 7:00 am. I did most of my purchases before the show opened to the public at 10:00. I guess the early bird does get the worm!

One of the perks that comes from being willing to show up for set-up. That little club badge seems to help bartering as we are there to help them sell trains as much as they are there to help us spend our hobby dollar. Cool beans on your finds:thumb: :thumb:

Ray Marinaccio

:thumb: Cool, Great deals. :thumb:
Hope I can find some deals like those next week.
I have a TM FA and FB, I like them and wouldn't mind having another set.
I put an Ernst regear kit in the powered A unit.

Glen Haasdyk

Actually two of the 'a' units are Lionel shells instead of trian miniature but one lionel shell is sitting on a TM chassis. I'd like to find one more Train miniature 'a' shell so I could make both a Canadian National A-A set and a Canadian Pacific A-B set. (CN never had FA1b's)
So I'll probably be getting rid of the two lionel units, one a powered lionel and the other just a shell and bare chasiss

slymonk

Another place to look is goodwill. I actually just found a set of life-like lighted amtrak passenger cars for $2 dollars. They are in great condition and still light. Never thought i would find that at good-will.