SW1500 Project Update.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Many of you may recall I am super detailing a Athearn SW1500 for entry into a local contest..Here is a progress report.New side frames added and lightly weathered.

Attachments

• Picture-002.jpg
    Picture-002.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture-003.jpg
    Picture-003.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 115

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Outstanding!

brakie said:
Many of you may recall I am super detailing a Athearn SW1500 for entry into a local contest..Here is a progress report.New side frames added and lightly weathered.
brakie:wave:, WOW! i think you have done an OUTSTANDING job on that switcher!!!:thumb::D I WOULD BE PROUD to have that engine in MY collection:thumb::D. i wish you the best of luck in the contest:D. please let us know how it comes out. GREAT JOB!:thumb: THANKS!:D

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
I LOVE CRUDS! and that one is a beauty - although rather too clean - best of luck in the contest
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Larry,
Great looking engine! This maybe too late for your contest, but I think Details West makes the appropreate fuel filler(s) for the fuel tank. Not posative but they may have a kit with several details, IIRC. Good luck in the contest!

2slim:wave:

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
2slim said:
Larry,
Great looking engine! This maybe too late for your contest, but I think Details West makes the appropreate fuel filler(s) for the fuel tank. Not posative but they may have a kit with several details, IIRC. Good luck in the contest!

2slim:wave:

Yeah,I need to make another detail part order from Walthers and I will add the missing parts like fuel filter,radio antenna and other small goodies..Thankfully I have till August...

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
shortliner said:
I LOVE CRUDS! and that one is a beauty - although rather too clean - best of luck in the contest
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

CDB Industries like many other short line railroads keeps their locomotives well maintain so you'll not see much crud on the locomotives..:thumb:

CDBI is the parent company of the C&HV and 6 other short lines plus 3 switching services.