SW Helmets and Armor WIPs.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, Aug 9, 2011.

1. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Hi Cuguel

Your on the track ! hear some pic's to help you out
    Ig88 like a gun metal gray color ..

Hope these help :)

Attached Files:

2. MTK

MTK Active Member

Nice, can't wait to see more.:thumb:

3. MTK

MTK Active Member

Nice shots, did you make that?
  4. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

LOL !! No i'm not that good :) There just pic's off the net . the top pic is a bust that you can buy form a site. not sure about the other. But i was try to find head shot of him for detail ..
  5. MTK

MTK Active Member

I see. Well, thanks for contributing to the thread.:thumb:
  6. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

If I may throw my suggestion into the bin, here's a helmet (actually a whole suit of armor, but I'd settle for the helmet) I want: the Phase 3 Dark Trooper:

[​IMG]

This guy is as BA as they get, and one of the scariest bosses I've ever fought in a computer game.
  7. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

Ive heard of the dark troopers
    Jetpacks!
    But i thought that guy was a rumour!
  8. MTK

MTK Active Member

That is Frakkin AWESOME! Have you got a mesh, set of files, textures....????

9. Millenniumfalsehood

Believe me, I wish I had a mesh, or anything for that matter, of the Dark Trooper Phase 3. Unfortunately, the original model was from the game Dark Forces, whose enemies were all sprites, so I'm afraid it would have to be a scratchbuild.

However, if it would help, I can probably get the spritesheet for this dude from the guys at www.DF-21.net (I'm a member there as well).

In the mean time, here's a set of captures of the in-game sprite:

[​IMG]

And here's where you meet him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liUp1nq4bPs&feature=related (fast-forward to about 4:14 to see his chamber)

In case you were wondering what the other two phases looked like:

Phase I Dark Trooper:

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5fFt-XO7BI&feature=related (fast-forward to about 2:40)

Phase II Dark Trooper:

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgQI4XIQ0yg (fast-forward to about 2:38)

And if you want to know more about them:

http://www.hillside.co.uk/glyn/dark/trooper.html

Click on the sound files and imagine hearing that sound after battling stormtroopers and almost losing all your health and you can see why even the Phase I Dark Trooper gave me nightmares for *years* . . .

I also really want a model of that assault cannon. It was my favorite weapon in the game (though it still took a lot of ammo to bring down a Dark Trooper). Had a pretty cool sound effect as well.
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

I've got several meshes, but don't have any of them working.....yet..... I'll post pics of the variations I have when I get things lined out and we'll go from there.:mrgreen:
  11. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

meh. not one of them looks like a good one. i prfer the dark trooper from star wars battlefront. he's got a jetpack and a shotgun!
    pretty sure that guy isnt a sprite, if only i knew how to game rip...
    cant get ma pics in becuae something is wrong with photobucket, i cant find the upload button!
  12. Millenniumfalsehood

The original Dark Troopers had a jetpack, plasma cannon, rocket launchers, and seeker missiles. Between the two I'd go with the original. :wink:
  13. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

I do not have any experience creating pepakura files, but I have lots assembling them. I would humbly caution you that the layout you choose to unwrap the parts is just as important as the geometry and size of the parts.

For example on this picture you posted of the death star gunner:

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showpost.php?p=928686&postcount=29

You have a star-pattern type layout (not an official term, just my words). This becomes harder and harder to work with as you get closer to the point they all connect. It also reduces the sizes of the tabs smaller and smaller as you get in to the area where 2 strips of helmet join together.

It might take more numbering or notation to keep the parts right in your head as you assemble, but I think it would be easier to assemble the finished product if you separated them all as individual stripes, and that way the tabs are fully formed and you can put them together with a bit more freedom.

Again, just a humble suggestion. Your work is very impressive and I would love to build it.
  14. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

yep

yea i agree that it does get harder to build as you get to the top, but usually what i would is glue it then secure it inside the helm with a piece of strong tape, does the job every time, or you could hot glue, a slightly more expensive option
  15. MTK

MTK Active Member

Well, here's some of what I have.... Problem is still the flippen .dae file. When I go to convert them, about half of the time is crashes my program.
    I found a list of what opens collada files, but when I tried more than one I came out with similar results. If you know anyone that has 3DS, or Collada and they want to convert the file that you choose to .obj with a working .mtl I'm good for the texturing and unfolding, but right now I'm at an emapasse. Anyway, here are some screenies. I have some other interesting stuff that all looks like it was ripped from a PC game and imported into SKP.

Attached Files:

16. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

Crap he looks scary in google sketchup!
  17. cuguel

cuguel New Member

IG88 photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cuguel
  18. MTK

MTK Active Member

OK. I'm guessing that no one is willing, at this point, to help properly convert the files so that I can do anything with them, so I'm shelving this project for now, but will continue with the other helmets.

Cugel, I don't know what the purpose of your post is since there are no comments attached to the photos, but it seems like you've got a nice series of IG88's going there.

19. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Sorry about MTK :( i had posted about IG88 head and now is over take the tread "LOL"

I like a full size IG88 for my living room , My wife wouldn't :(
  20. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

1/2

Try 1/2 size...
    But maybe mtk i could export the file. The google sketchup ones.
    Youll just have to get them to me
    On another note.
    Ive tried to unfold the jango helmet to my liking with lines and numbers and actual scale, but couldnt save without the password and that computer doesnt have pdf printer. So concertrate on the storm trooper and ill make the jango and give you the pdf
    Lator:mrgreen: