Suspended Track

Dougrl

May 1, 2003
Saskatoon, Sask.
Visit site
My first go at model railroading and with a lot of helpful knowledge from the Sask. Railroad Modellers club, and a couple of gentelmen from this forum, my G Scale train is running on 72 ft. of track, one ft. from the ceiling, and so far it has not fallen off, touch wood. Have I learned alot? and I did make a FEW mistakes, and I won't tell you how many. I hand layed all the track, cut the ties and made the ceiling supports and the road bed to put the track on and put in many, many spikes by hand. I have a new respect for the model railroading hobby. I had a exciting time doing this, even though the my brain did not work right, a couple of times, the train runs quite well on the track. Now for the fixing and the changes I'm going to make. I hope the picture shows up. Cheers Doug M.

Attachments

• train #7.jpg
    train #7.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 370

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Welcome to the Gauge Dougrl
You have done an admirable job getting that high level track laid and train running. To cut those ties and hand laid the track you have done more than many of us.
Does it just go around one room or does it travel through the house?

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
I also would like to extend a welcome to the Gauge Dougrl.

That is just beautiful. I showed it to my wife and she also agreed with me and looked at me and said "NO". That settled that.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Dougrl,

Welcome to a great family. You have shown already that youhave a great bit of skill. Like the track work and the suspended rail. How long did it take you to put it all together?

We look forward to more photos of your work.:) :)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by Clerk

That is just beautiful. I showed it to my wife and she also agreed with me and looked at me and said "NO". That settled that.
You're not supposed to ask the wife.. LOL:D :D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

.............. I know... I know.... It gets Awful cold sleeping in the car at 3:00 am :)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Dougrl - Great work, but I thought you said it was going around your kid's bedroom??????? Now of course, I Must ask....

How big is room (Length of track)???

How long did it take to "Hang" and now you HAVE to teach us all how to lay track that good!! ROFL :) :) :) :) :)
Great Stuff!!!!!!!!!

Dougrl

May 1, 2003
Saskatoon, Sask.
Visit site
Thanks gentlemen, I did not keep track of the time, but think I started this around the end of May, the only time I really worked at it, was the laying of the track on the ties. This train and track is in my sun room which is 22' x 16' and if I put up any more or expand it, there is an automatic move to the Garage, and I don't have room for a bed out there and no water. It was a lot of fun and a real learning experience for me. Now the tuning and fixing the thing that I did wrong. Next, I must learn how to make right and left turn switches, and build some street light to lite it up at nite. Cheers Doug M.

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Originally posted by Clerk

Hi Dick! This is Matt's wife typing: Please tell your wife that "I'm with her!!:D :D :D "