Suspended LGB

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by superdairyboy, Jun 8, 2006.

1. superdairyboy

superdairyboy New Member

We own a Toy Store I've had and LGB since 1984 and it still works, and we are no Carrying LGBin our Store. we would like to Set up a suspended Train Around our Ceiling it will be approx. 70 x 20 in and oval so approx 200 Feet of track.
    we would like to do this our selves, we are sonsidering running 2 tracks Parrell to each other in the oval. If we do this we have to consider swing out of engines and large train cars.
    Also our ceiling here are 13ft high with tracking lighting suspended 2 down at 11ft. sould for lighting purposes are we better off suspending the train at 10ft or running some model lights along the track to light the train?

Brian
  2. superdairyboy

superdairyboy New Member

I'm thinking the Simplest Construction would we to make a retangle Box where the top the srrewed to the ceiling and the train runs through it.(same as many of the comercial ones.) and then run 1x1's or 1x2's parralle to but under the rails to support the Track. Are the Cross Ties Necessary?

Brian
  3. Matt/Wisc

Matt/Wisc New Member

4. lkydvl

lkydvl New Member

I used wire shelving from Menard's. Went up easily and is very sturdy. I can run my 21 lb SD45 as well as heavy SD40s on it. All pulling a string od 22 metal wheeled hoppers. MLS had a thread by Jerry McCooglan as well as a much shorter thread on my own Jackson Southern RR.

Andre'
  5. superdairyboy

superdairyboy New Member

Do you have a Link To this MLS?

Brian
  6. lkydvl

lkydvl New Member