Surfdukes apollo card models

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by gpw, Jul 8, 2007.

1. gpw

gpw Member

Lucas,

some good ideas, you should realize on your models of surfduke´s csm. I´m looking forward to see them finished.

Gerd
  2. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Well I just thought maybe I could take some light bulbs or what ever is available, get an old battery pack from a toy, wire the lights (some how) to the battery pack so then they could light up. Unfortunately I don't have the supplies around at this time and probably will (sometime in the future) rework the CM and (still have yet to make) SM with lights. It'll be a while and it'll take time to gather the right things to make it happen. I just can't figure out how to make them blink a if in flight. hmmmm.... Oh well. But good news is I am almost finished my CM and when I can I'll post pictures. I still have yet to get my camera fixed after my two younger brothers got a hold of it GRRR. hopefully I'll be able to take a few picsa nad get them up. Thanks for the reassurance Gerd.

Lucas
  3. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Hey Gerd,
    Can you please send me a few pics of the SM's High gain from your model please. Need to know how this thing goes toghether. Thanks Gerd.

Lucas
  4. Moonliner

Moonliner New Member

Hi! I am new to the site, but thought this might add to this thread. I maintain a site called A Field Guide to American Spacecraft at A Field Guide to American Spacecraft . There you can see images of all flown manned spacecraft, boilerplates, models, mockups and boosters. As an educator and modeler, I hope it might help you in building accurate models, or knowing where you can go to see the real things. Looking forward to posting more to this forum!
  5. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

My Apollo CM build!!!

Hey everyone. I have finally found out how to post photos on the thread. (sort of) it was a bit lengthy. I had to process the photos on the website and then copy the BB code and then open another windo so I could post the BB code of each photo into the address bar. Can anyone please tell me how to upload photos (in an easier way)

So without furhter adeu. here are a few pics of my Apollo CM build. I'd like to thank Carl for making such a wonderful model and I'd also like to thank everyone else who helped me by supplying information and pictures. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know there are a few problems with the model but it happens to everyone. I ran into a few problems here and there but I got the model finished and that is what counts right?
    LOL
    thanks everyone.
  6. gpw

gpw Member

Hey Lucas,

again a very nice post flight model :thumb:. I like it more than mine, the darker colour seems more realistic. The hatch door is very detailed. Great job.

I will prepare some photos of the high gain antenna as soon as possible. I had to make it a little bit freestyle :rolleyes:.

Gerd
  7. gpw

gpw Member

Hi Lucas,

some photos of the high gain antenna (how I did it).

[​IMG]
  8. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

hey i just finished building the csm and the lem for my apollo 13 memorial. all i need now are some final details and i'll try to post up some pics...this csm looks great with u-don's lem. great model surfduke :)
  9. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Thanks for the kind comments

Can't wait to see Your pictures,

Carl
  10. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

I need some help ....

Can someone indicate to me which part can fill the gap (the red arrow indicates it) between interior and exterior skin of the CM module?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

• gap.jpg
      gap.jpg
      File size:
      47.5 KB
      Views:
  11. gpw

gpw Member

Nando,

I had the same problem with this gap. I prepared a circle which was a little bit bigger than the original part to close this gap. You can see it on my photo of the post flight version some posts before (black ring). I couldn´t find a part in the kit which could close the gap. Maybe Surfduke can give some information.

Gerd
  12. mvink

mvink Member

Hi all,

I just got an email from Carl (who's son is home for a few days) that he will have a fix for this published later this week. As soon as John and I get it, you will get it.

On another note, I am constantly looking for photos and build notes for all of Carls projects to use to update the instructions. If any of you gents want to help out, please send me your photos and info to "mvink@pelco.com"

Many thanks,

Mike
  13. Nando

Endevour landed ...

... and I'm looking at It on NASA TV when I read Your answers.

Thanks, I'm waiting for Your posts and in the meanwhile I'm proceeding with my build :thumb:

Attached Files:

14. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

hey! could anyone please help me with posting pics? i have pics from my csm/lem model...just need to post it:D thanks in advanced
  15. Nando

I just attach my pictures using the "Manage Attachments" function after I resized them to the 800x600 dimension, or I link them using "Insert image" icon after I uploaded them to the "Gallery" of this Forum or to the some Images Hosting Provider like Webshots.

I hope this helps You ;-)
    Nando
  16. gpw

gpw Member

Lucas askes for some photos of the csm thrust structure. Here a few pictures which show how I built it.

Lucas, I hope the pictures are helpful :wave:.

Gerd

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That is SO COOL!!!! :D :D
  18. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Gerd,

Wonderful work. Thanks for posting the pictures.
  19. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Thankd for posting the pictures!

Lucas,

Would You mind sharing those pictures with Mike Vink. They would look great added to the instructions.

Thanks,

Carl
  20. gpw

gpw Member

Carl,

I will send the pictures to Mike Vink for the instruction.

Gerd