Supplies have arrived!

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
Supplies have arrived!!!

Looks like I need to get the sub road bed started.

p1180001.med.JPG

sams

Dec 17, 2004
sean,
open and use as you need them...:)
just in case you change the plan or something...:eek:
and if you have anything left over, you could always save it for the future...:)
or sell it...;)

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
Thanks Sams... but I will be using it. The helix alone will take a third of the track. The yard will take a good portion of the switches. I am looking forward to it! I will take LOTS of pictures!!

johnnybsoaring

Jan 13, 2005
Seanm,

I noticed in your pics that you are using Atlas code 55 switches. I just bought some of the 7's and 5's. I'm returning the 5's to Atlas because their (Atlas) engines walk up out of the frog as if the truck was getting pinched. This happens on the through track as well as the switched leg. I ran a forum here last week on the subject prior to my purchasing them to make sure I wasn't buying into a problem. You might want to test a few of your own before you insatll them so you don't have to remove a bunch like I did. Now construction has completely halted until this issue gets resolved with the factory. I'm curious to get your opinion

sams

Dec 17, 2004
johnnybsoaring...
its a gauge problem with the #5's
i'm not sure on the #7's as i've never tried them out.
the tolerances are very tight.
unless the loco/rolling stock wheels are absolutely in gauge,
they end up (usually) riding over the guard rail.

sean,
i look forward to your pics.
thats an awesome plan you've got and i'd love to see the loooooong trains you'll need to fill those yards ;)

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
I have heard about problems with the number 5's but am willing to work through it. I hear there are a couple of issues. Sometimes the flangway at the frog is too narrow. Many people draw a hacksaw blade through there carefully to ease the situation.... also I understand it is very important the wheels be in gauge with the new turnouts. I am sure they are workable.
I will keep you all informed as I go!