Sunday Photo Phun 7-4-04 Happy 4th!!!

looks like i get the honors of firing this one up today

we got cookies and milk and brownies and the old brown jug on the table in the corner, so fire up your cameras and your creativity and show us all what you have been doing all week!

if you head on over to http://www.railroadforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5215 you can see the SD40T-2 that i am currently building. other than that, i have been working on 2 Southern Pacific GP9's they will get decals and weathering tomorrow so they will be ready to hit the rails. i added the Sunrise nose and rear light clusters and the Sunrise filter boxes. i also cut away parts of the side sills to match the prototypes a little better.

sp%20gp9%20construction%201.JPG

sp%20gp9%20construction%202.JPG

and, i also added a flourescent light over my module/worktable. it definately helps a ton. now i can see some of the parts i lose on the floor

lights%20over%20the%20table.JPG

now i am off to buy some colorful explosives so i can watch all my money go up in smole....literally

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Trainworm,
Good job on those geeps, I just finished 2 for my CNR road

Mike,
Congradulations on your new aquisition. You've got more space than me my friend. If you want you can change out the bi-fold doors on the closet for sliding ones, that way they won't inter fier with your layout as you build past.

As for me, no new photos today. I couldn't get ahold of my friens and his camera this weekend so I'll try again next weekend,

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Mike, nice job on the layout space! Looks like you have alot of work ahead of you, but you should be able to get a great layout in that space. Keep us all updated!

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Nice work all, thanks for sharing-:thumb:

Worm the Geeps look great, can't wait to see yours Glen!

Jon the tower is amazing.

Nice acquisition, Mike, I'm sure you'll find a way to work around or through that closet.