Sunday 9 - 17...

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
Mine is in a 12 x 32 room I built attached to the backside of my barn. It's no longer holding up too well after 20 years; barn was built with second-hand lumber and wall is warping on me. I am going to build a new freestanding building (25 x 40 planned) next spring. Current partial layout was built with disassembly in mind.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I got lucky. When we were having our house built we got the builder to move a couple of doorways different from their standard model and I wound up with one 12' x 12' bedroom that is accessible only from my den. Nothing in it but my layout and a workbench.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Hah!..Lots of you have houses over your layouts....Mines in the attic.
I have heat and Air Conditioning. Heat in the summer...AC in the winter......
Should of modeled a desert area, instead of the Northeast. That way the tempature up there would match the scenery.

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
My previous layout back in New Orleans was 12x12 around the walls with a peninsula. Now it's a 3x6 Scenic ridge layout in my 10x10 office here in the house we're leasing in Houston.

We'll be shopping for a house in December to buy in Jan/Feb and you bit I'll be keeping an out for "train room" to use. :)

I really would like to do HO scale for my next layout, so if I can't get a decent sized in-house room, the garage will be my next train room.

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
Right now, it along with a very few other things, in my mind:D , but will eventually build in a building, I have yet to get, in the back yard. Still gotta do surgery and rehab 1st:cry: , but will eventually get it done:thumb:

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
It looks like the majority of the Gauge members are building their layouts in the basement.
That's exactly where my layout is, too.

(Funny: Everybody here in Europe believes that Americans NEVER have basements below their houses!!! :D:D:D Now here's the prove that the contrary is true! :eek:ops::rolleyes::p)

Ron