sumpter250 2005 challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Okey dokey Pete, great so far,:thumb::thumb: but I'm waiting for more.:wave::wave: I wanna know if I need to drop out now or keep going and have to drop out later 'cause the competition is too tough :rolleyes: :eek: :D :eek: ...

Seriously though, this is exciting to see how many different ideas evlolve from this basic structure.:D:D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
this last shot shows both the concrete sidewalk, and the blacktop parking area.
The area behind the building will probably be "undeveloped" property. I might include at least one tree, and some brush and weeds. I haven't decided on how big the final piece will be, but might include streets, and street details.
Pete

Attachments

• towerbash9.jpg
    towerbash9.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 42

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Pete old buddy, you're making it tough for the rest of us.

Don,
If I'd decided to model "Duffy's Tavern", you could have accused me of "raising the bar" :D :D

Competition? Many of the "I'll never be able to do that" modelers of my youth, I have surpassed............there are still many who I "never will be able to do that", They are my inspiration. When looking up at the level others have achieved, I don't think of quitting because I "can't do that well"........I learn! ;)
check out this thread: http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=3134
I work with Jim Allen, here at Destination Hobby Center. He's had several published articles, and builds some really beautiful models. I consider myself lucky to be able to watch him work.
Pete

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Pete,

I meant that in a good way. I'm still in kindergarten compared to your modeling skills, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to give you a run for your money.:D:D and have a great time doing it.:wave::wave:

Some people quit before they even try, I believe that if you don't try, you'll never know what you can achieve in life. Set the bar high, it's a worthy goal...:thumb: :thumb:

BTW, Duffy was a short Irishman, he had to build the bar low so he could see who was sitting there.:p :p :p :p

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
sumpter250 said:
So, is that where the phrase " Barkeep, give me a short one" came from? :D :D

Don,
Thanks for the laugh! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Pete
Ahh Pete, I can see you never told your wife that you were, "going down to Duffy's for a short one." She'd think you'd be right back, when in fact....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I could never figure out why Duffy didn't just put a raised walkway behind the bar rather than having all his customers sitting on really short stools, but you can never figure out how an Irishman thinks... I know, I've been married to one for 45 years and still can't figure out her logic.:eek: :D :eek: :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
galt904 said:
So, you married an Irishman?:p :eek: :D
Yep, all people of Irish descent are considered Irishmen, be it man or woman. :wave::wave: And don't you ever try to convince them otherwise.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I called my wife an "Irishwoman" once, and it took six months for the scars to heal...:eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.