Sulaco 3 yes another

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
So started this in the middle of a storm printed everything out for my first section built it in two days.
f15fb191.jpg

Ah but no power for two days so I had the next four sections printed at staples. Built the name plate and instantly knew this isn't going to work, but I carry on building because the problem was with the first section so alas I now show you progress.
11e4ec94.jpg

This is the aliens 3 version darker and it has the escape pod opening
As you can see there is a huge difference between home inkjet and staples laser printing.
cd0008c8.jpg

baafb54c.jpg

Wile not a competition SKODA's is way better but I am proud of my grible/layering
9f2992ad.jpg

c065f605.jpg

0a28534b.jpg

cab0bd87.jpg

a5620abc.jpg

In the last pic I just started the panels on the life support hull I'm going to do all the pods as well so I can add in the full pod as tho it's ejecting well see how that goes

Dented Rick

Human
Mar 15, 2011
Killeen, TX
Looking great so far. and Yeah, there is a BIG difference between home and Staples, lol

I wonder if I could shrink this and build a 4" version of the Sulaco.....HHmmmmmm!

Nov 29, 2010
Lakeland Fl.
I sure would love to build this but I don't have the room for what I have. I already have a 1/48 Sat V and a 1/4 Merc capsule and on our neighbors site Ken is designing a 1/12 scale Sat V command module that I will build when he releases it. Where am I going to put it?.....I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
I sure would love to build this but I don't have the room for what I have. I already have a 1/48 Sat V and a 1/4 Merc capsule and on our neighbors site Ken is designing a 1/12 scale Sat V command module that I will build when he releases it. Where am I going to put it?.....I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it.
you can always scale up and live in it. i considered this for a wile then my wife said it was OK to build so yeah me.

Z

Zathros

Excellent start, building one of these would result in me being single , so I too must enjoy at a distance. :)

Dented Rick

Human
Mar 15, 2011
Killeen, TX
As soon as all the parts are released, Im going to print it out and build my own. :D

Probably gonna take all of next years Tax Refund, but oh well ;)