Sudsy's 15mm gaming stuff

What was your first 15mm scale miniature wargame?

• Striker (or Striker II) by Marc Miller (Traveller RPG series)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stargrunt

• GRUNTZ

• Force on Force/Tommorows War/Ambush Alley

• Other (please elaborate)

• Total voters

Sudsy

I'm going to start off this thread with my quick and dirty urban ruins my father and I made in a couple hours one Friday night for a Saturday morning game of GRUNTZ 15mm (great game if anyone wants to look it up on Wargame Vault). My dad is visiting, and we are all going to command about a 10 person squad in a four to five person game across these cardboard ruins. My three older sons will be playing (well, two out of three anyway).

These were made with the old Games Workshop urban templates from 3rd/4th edition WH40K back when they were cool and put them on their website for all to download. Being heroic 28mm scale, it was cinch to scale them down 50% for the 15mm scale. It's miniatures, it doesn't have to be perfect after all. 15mm is a great scale, miniatures are cheap, and terrain is plentiful. Scale models in 1:100 are not too uncommon, and there is a wealth of support for the scale largely due to the growth of the WWII era game "Flames of War" and its many offshoots (like the 80's hypothetical WWIII "Team Yankee"). That, and any card models you have in 28mm can be scaled down about 45-55% to suit the scale perfectly.

I haven't had the guts to scale down some of the Patoroch or other templates, yet, but that will come. Heck, let me challenge this community to see what we can do in that regard! While I won't hesitate to buy 15mm troops in pewter, given the experience and tips I've gained here the last couple months, I don't think I will be buying any more 15mm vehicles unless I've failed to build what I want from scratch. I already refuse to buy any more terrain because I enjoy building it so much!

20181228_221451.jpg 20181228_221425.jpg 20181228_221418.jpg

Now, if I spent a couple hours per building rather than the whole block, I'm sure the terrain would be on par with my other projects! I hope to post more of what I do in this scale in the future!