Success!!!!

Play-Doh

Hey Folks!

Well after two months, a few hundred bucks, and alot of time and frustration, I finally powered up my first model railroad today. I had never done this before, and I was nervous...but the engine took off and didnt derail!!! It went great! The IHC 2-10-2 steamer coasted around the 4x8 oval with ease, even over switches and rail joints!!! Thank you guys for all youp help! I have a long way to go, but this first milestone is a success, thanks to all the hlep and advice you folks showed me! Thank you so much, ill post pics soon!!!

Sorry if this sounds lame, its just so exciting to see it for the first time, especially when I built it!

Thanks again!

TJ

Russ Bellinis

Now you really have a problem!! When I got my first layout built enough to run trains, I tried to go out to the garage to work on the railroad for 6 months and everytime I got out there I would have to see a train run one more time. 2-3 hours later, I hadn't done any work, just watched trains run!!!

UP SD40-2

Play-Doh said:
Sorry if this sounds lame, its just so exciting to see it for the first time,
TJ
Play-Doh:wave:, OUTSTANDING!:thumb: sounds lame?, NOT!, i think its GREAT!!!:D that IHC steamer that you chose as your first runner is a NICE engine too!:thumb: judging from the pic under your name, i bet its a UP :thumb:. in MY eyes, that just makes it even better:thumb::D. REAL GLAD your first run went so well, i wish you MANY MORE:D. cant wait to see pics.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Russ Bellinis said:
Now you really have a problem!! When I got my first layout built enough to run trains, I tried to go out to the garage to work on the railroad for 6 months and everytime I got out there I would have to see a train run one more time. 2-3 hours later, I hadn't done any work, just watched trains run!!!

you're in luck. I can never get the trains to run on my layout seemlessly in any one day..... by the time i find the problem i'm to tired and irratated to run trains.

Play-Doh

Well, there are still a few ruff spots, but nothing causing a derail...I just need to fine tune some of the switch areas but they are smooth enough for running right now...thats my next project! And yes, its a UP! Ill get some pics up tommorow!

Mike Hamer

TJ

It never sounds lame. You should feel proud! I was older than you when I got into the hobby and, like you, I vividly recall the joy of watching that train run around an oval of tracks on my dining room table...almost in disbelief that it would actually run! Congratulations! :D :D

steamhead

Hi,
Congrats, and hope much more to come...
Russ B. has a point. Most (all??) of us want to get trains up & running, and leave the scenicking, structures, etc. for later. I'm doing some scenic work right now (after 2 years...), and I've found myself wondering if, for the next stage on my layout, I would do everything EXCEPT lay the track. That way when I get it laid and ballasted, IT WOULD BE FINISHED!!! (Well, almost...).

Gus (LC&P).

hd8091

Wonderful news.. I must warn you.. However many other railroading journeys you will take there is nothing quite like the experience you just had when you saw your first train running around the layout... WAY TO GO ..and.. CONGRATULATIONS.. Also it has been known to be adddictive.. Keep up the good work...
Tom