Subaru Impreza WRC2006

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by kooklik, Nov 2, 2006.

1. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Bugman72
    Hope my reply is not too late for your contest.
    Here is the paper I used

Exterior: glossy photo printing paper A4 190 grms
    Interior: matte photo printing paper A4 190 or 210 grms
    windows: OHP sheets laser printing or copy machine type. Thinner is better
  2. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Not too late...I've just decided to switch directions somewhat. I'm still building the model, but I've decided to go the same route that I went with my paper Star Wars AT-AT build. I've got all of the sheets now printed on 23"x35" 80lb card stock. Printed on that size, the scale of the car now becomes 1:6 instead of 1:18. I plan to spray all exterior body panels with the 3M Triple-Thick clear that was suggested in the Tips and Techniques section.

Thanks for the reply.
  3. kooklik

kooklik Member

That's so interesting job. Spraying on 1:6 scale car. Could you let me see the progress ? I have trouble with photo printing paper. Colors get old after 1-2 months. I don't know the cause , paper or ink quality? Spraying may be the better way. But how will you work with decals?
  4. bugman72

bugman72 Member

I'm not actually spraying the color on the paper...just a gloss clearcoat. I don't have any progress yet. I hope to start on the build in the next couple of weeks.
  5. Crazy Potashman

Crazy Potashman Member

Kooklik I need your help!
    I'm almost done with the 2006 Impreza.. I just need to apply the window decals. I bought printable water slide decals, but have no way of printing the white lettering. How did you do it??

-CPM
  6. Crazy Potashman

Crazy Potashman Member

Kooklik I need your help!
    I'm almost done with the 2006 Impreza.. I just need to apply the window decals. I bought printable water slide decals, but have no way of printing the white lettering. How did you do it??

-CPM
  7. kooklik

kooklik Member

Here is the way i did
    I printed on white sticker for inkjet (thinner is better) and cut in pieces.

----------------

If your decal base color is white you can print decal (page N) directly to decal and cut in pieces.
    But if clear color i have no idea yet :???:
  8. kooklik

kooklik Member

Here is the way i did
    I printed on white sticker for inkjet (thinner is better) and cut in pieces.

----------------

If your decal base color is white you can print decal (page N) directly to decal and cut in pieces.
    But if clear color i have no idea yet :???: