stx enterprise lighting needs

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
by the way, I will use the blue aqua for the stx 1701, and the green aqua set up for the romulan tos birds of prey.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I also had success with the aqua marine color being lit up, but I really don't see that until later, maybe on a romulan d-7 or a stng warbird.
aqua rocks.jpg

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Everyone but me seems to be able to find these battery operated Christmas LEDs cheap.... The only LED Christmas lights I can find are the plug in variety. :(

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I have been warned about stating shops and brand names, but the Christmas tree leds, just yank them out, you will need pliers to hold the base and wiggle them out with, save the plastic bulb part. and wiggle off the end of the led wire rod to save you problems later. those battery pack leds you can buy for a ''dollar'' at some stores. and you might 'target' the big dept stores. if all else fails that crafty 'Michael' might know where they are.

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Okay I'll keep looking... I can get LEDs at my LHS but for $9.99 for 3 that would get expensive quick.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I have been warned about stating shops and brand names, but the Christmas tree leds, just yank them out, you will need pliers to hold the base and wiggle them out with, save the plastic bulb part. and wiggle off the end of the led wire rod to save you problems later. those battery pack leds you can buy for a ''dollar'' at some stores. and you might 'target' the big dept stores. if all else fails that crafty 'Michael' might know where they are.

Please Read :

Stating shops and brand names where you got components, glues, whatnot, is not a problem at all. If you had it in your signature, and were selling,the product, different story. I put where to get things all the time. Don't worry about that. If anyone complains, they would have to go through me (it would have to be me, or Rhaven) and I will take the heat, but there is none, that is a misunderstanding of the advertising rule. We don't allow links to models or paper models, because it is in conflict with this forum's stand on "FREE paper models", however, if you purchase a Halinski tank model, and do a really thorough, and I mean thorough build thread, at the end of the thread,, if you so desire, you can put a link where you got the model, but it has to be on completion of the model. We had some people post one build picture, the finished model, and then links. They were all to the same place so I had to stop it.

Any questions of this, I beg you to P.M. you. you guys can do almost whatever you want. Don't sweat this stuff. P.M. me and find out exactly. O.K.? :)

Reactions: linweseregon

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Thanks for clarifying that Z. I know others have posted shop names before. I'll have to do a through check of those places come Christmas :D