Stupid Computer Dealers

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Saturday I went to Pricewatch and looked up prices for a new motherboard/cpu combo for my wife's computer (the one I fried 6 months ago, remember?) and found what I thought was a good deal on one close to what she had. So I went ahead and placed an order on their website that day for it. Today at 6pm EST they call back to advise that their brand of motherboard will not work with Windows 2K, ME, or XP. WTF?!? It is an Athlon XP 1700+ motherboard combo, it should not have any problems with it. The droid on the phone could not tell me what the problem was, just that they have had problems with it and then tried to sell me another brand of motherboard for $13 extra. Now with their 4-6 day shipping time, I would not be able to get it before Thanksgiving. I told them that I would have to look at the specs for the new MB before I decided and could they call back in 30 minutes. I then got told that they would not be there in 30 but would call back tomorrow sometime.

What do you think I should do about this Snafu?

Michael

(p.o.'ed tonight)

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
BTW, this is from their website regarding this motherboard:

This House Brand 266 Motherboard w/AMD Athlon XP Combo allows you to get the most out of your $$$. Quickly upgrade your PC system by using the latest technology and increased performance.

So much for the latest technology!

Michael

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
Hi Michael

I have a both a althlon 4 computer (belongs to my job) and my own which i bit the bullett and got it with a pentium 4. The difference between them is amazing the intel chips set blows away the amd. If it was me I wolud find a dealer which could set you up with the intel compatable board, it will be worth a few extra bucks. The intel board should work with 98 and up.
;)