Student Abroad!

tmac3123

Hi all, im new to this forum and my friend told me this was THE place for amazing papercraft models. Hes been into the hobby for a while and since I have been studying in Europe, ive recently gotten really into papercraft myself. I find it as a relaxing hobby and it allows me to think while making something really spectacular. I must admit, when it comes to the hobby in itself i am a total noob sign1 I dont really know when to use different types of paper, as well as my papercrafts are always full of seams. Anyways, i hope i will be welcomed into this community and any tips/advice would be helpful. Thanks :)

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the forum tmac3123 I can give you some really valuable advice. If you still are in Europe, you have the potential of getting models that you will NEVER be able to get here. You would be well advised to bundle a bunch into your luggage and bring them home with you. Some models that cost $15.00 dollars U.S. cost an additional $45 dollars in shipping. Look around, get some deals, even if you think you can't build them, in the very least, you will triple if not more what you paid for them.

Thanks for posting an introduction, read the forum policies, common sense prevails, if in doubt, just send me a P.M. and I will promptly respond.

Let us know what kind of models you are interested in and maybe we can steer you in the right direction. :)

tmac3123

Thanks alot for the welcome! :) im interested in more of the anime based models, any anime is fine really I generally love them all :p and as for the models that i cant get in the US, where would i be able to find said models? XD I really havent seen any hobby shops around, so im curious as to where to find them. Let me know, I'm REALLY interested in what you are saying, not even for profit but for personal use, i hope to one day be able to make even the hardest of models :D thanks again :)

Z

Zathros

What country are you in? Some names you would be looking for are Halinski, WAK,(these are usually military based, but impossible to get here as easily as you can in Europe. Post the country and maybe I or some other members could give you suggestions. You could, if you wish, start a thread for just that purpose. :)

tmac3123

Currently in Poland but i have a break coming up soon in which i could definately hop over to Germany or any of the other nearby countries if need be :)

Z

Zathros

Poland, where some of the best paper models in the world are built! You are in paper model Mecca. Contact "lehcyfer", through a P.M. He is from Poland and can give you excellent advice. He is a brilliant, excellent person. Just so you know the quality of the person you are communicating with. :)

tmac3123

Thanks a lot! Wow i didn't know paper models were so popular here! I appreciate all the info and the great welcoming :) ill be sure to do what I can to contribute to the community :)

EDIT: I sent him a message and as its pretty late here I don't expect a reply tonight, but hopefully he is kind enough to grace me with some information on the paper model scene here in Poland :)