Struggling along...

Heres a couple of pics of my efforts so far to get the trackage where it needs to be. This entire area will be a booming metropolis one day. the lower track will be hidden. the upper track is leading, on the right, to the bridge approach. Which doubles as the duckunder.

Attachments

• riserbenchwork.jpg
    riserbenchwork.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 172

spitfire

Wow t - that's looking great from where I'm sitting! I see what you mean about those grades now - but I sure like all the different levels. I think it will really add scenic interest. Keep us all up to date with your progress.

BTW - did you get any trains for your B-Day?

cheers
:D Val

P

philip

Now thats a big radius. Lookin good T! You must be a woodworker.

philip

Big grade is right Val, but tested the whimpiest loco I have with some cars and it did fine, relief! ;)

Hi Dick, my 4-4-0's pulling passenger trains on that grade just don't look right....But a Shay would would be just right.

Philip, I am a woodworker. but to tell the truth this is kicking my behind all over the place :eek: :D

Tyson, eer...Ty hehe, yes it will be open underneath. there is also a pop through in the middle of it all to get to the upper track as well. Btw, why are you in hiding and where are you, Oops! guess you can't answer that second querry...

t.

interurban

Nice

Great work t.
I have just pulled down a 15 section of overhead so I can put in a interchange to a small diesal/steam switching area.
I am getting all excited about the new venture.

:D :D ;) :p

You are coming along at a fast pace great stuff.:)

jon-monon

So yer the one who swiped the sign at Simpsons? They're still lookin' fer you in W-port! Gotcher picy up at the post office, rhat up thar by the attica gang!

Lookin' good, t. You'll have that baby wrapped up before you know it. Hope you had a great birthday.

marty w.

Looking good t.!!
Looks like your moving right along.
BTW - Your pic is up at the Bloomington Post Office also......
hehehehehehehehe
Marty

Mike R

Nice looking work, t.
Strange to say, but I get a bit envious when I see open, new benchwork & risers...it makes me want to rip out everything I have built, (yet again ), and start over,( yet again).
I probably will, too.

There aren't many hobbies that can boast that one of the MOST enjoyable features is actually "starting over", are there?
regards / Mike:D :D :D

Hi Mike, You mean I may feel an overwhelming urge to do this all over again one day .:eek: :D

I was wondering if ya'll would notice that. It was the shingle that my Granddad had over the door to his John Deere repair shop. Put up there sometime in the fifties, cool! Besides even if I did snitch it as long as I stay below the border, the Mason Dixon one, ya can't touch me. hehehe, nahnahnahnahnah... :p

t.