Strange things in strange places

This is a photo taken a month or so ago in Gillam Manitoba. The line is owned by the Hudsons Bay Railway, and the only way north from here is by train. This one is headed south to thompson.So lets see what weird things you have all spotted?

Attachments

• CN in Gillam.JPG
    CN in Gillam.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 23

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
It's great to see that there are still a few of those CN zebra paint jobs around. Nice photo TW

ezdays

Out AZ way
TrainsWinnipeg said:
This is a photo taken a month or so ago in Gillam Manitoba. The line is owned by the Hudsons Bay Railway, and the only way north from here is by train. This one is headed south to thompson.So lets see what weird things you have all spotted?
It looks like it's the end of the line for the power lines...That's not weird though since all power lines have to end somewhere...:wave:

ezdays said:
It looks like it's the end of the line for the power lines...That's not weird though since all power lines have to end somewhere...:wave:

Actually its where most of the power starts. The 3 dams and generating stations with 30 minutes of this town supply most of the north eastern US power. Guess it could be the end though too:)

ezdays

Out AZ way
TrainsWinnipeg said:
Actually its where most of the power starts. The 3 dams and generating stations with 30 minutes of this town supply most of the north eastern US power. Guess it could be the end though too:)
Not necessarily the source, all I see is a pole with a wire leading to it and a guy wire to hold the pole in place. If it were the origin, one would think that it would be attached to a generator. Therefore, it must be the last pole in the circuit.:wave::wave:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Ummm, guys...

I think there's a light on that there pole... ;)

Andrew

Attachments

• lightpost.JPG
    lightpost.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 30

ezdays

Out AZ way
MasonJar said:
Ummm, guys...

I think there's a light on that there pole... ;)

Andrew
Yeah, then that surely makes it the last pole in the circuit. :thumb::thumb:

Hey, how do you expect me to see a little-bitty light like that when I had a hard time just finding the pole?:eek::D:eek::D

Nick8564

Thats is what is called a service pole, only purpose really is for that light, it is connected to another pole off the picture to the right.

doctorwayne

If I'm not mistaken, there's a conduit running down the opposite side of that pole, supplying a residential underground service. In this view, the residence is behind the train. In the basement, there is a very large MRC power pack to power the big train set. I also like the zebra stripes: second best CNR paint scheme, after the green and gold.
Wayne

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
TW -

Are you going to give us an answer... or at least tell us what you think is weird about those pics? ;) :D

Andrew