strange look

SteamerFan

Sep 3, 2004
Argh! me yeyes, me Eyes and I can't find the classic button:cry:

Edit: Nevermind it wasn't a button but a hidden drop down menu.

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Had to post this reply to find the spell checker. Ahhhhh There it is -- upper right corner of message box. Really nice!.... Now, let's see what that "Swithch to Editor Mode does. announce1 Hmmmm makes my text box jump. Keep the changes com'in.

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I like the new look! After seeing it on so many websites, I'm finding that I don't like most light-text-on-dark-background combinations. The new one's much easier to read. And is it just my computer, or do pages load faster now?

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Peter:
I like the single back click that takes me back to the topic list after posting a reply. I'm going to download the splel cheque now.

Can't get it -- pop up blocker is on. Now here did I put the switch for that?

Got it.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hmmm... Something is strange - somehow my Firefox doesn't like the new version.

I can choose the 'Gauge classic' setting as many times as I want, it always pops back to the 'Gauge new' setting with black letters on white background. (And frankly, I still prefer white on blue.)

And worse - the buttons at the top of the editor window don't work at all! E.g. I can't change to bold, can't insert a smiley or - worst of all - a picture... Nothing!

H - E - L - P !!!

Ron

Edit: Ok - I just discovered that I have to change the forum skin setting in my User CP: Click on 'Edit options', then change the last (Forum Skin) drop down menu to 'Classic', then hit the 'Save changes' button. But all the editor options (smileys, adding pictures etc.) still don't work...

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Peter I like this new look. I have been away for most of the week and come back to find this. I Like It.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Peter, it's me again.

Suddenly everything works ok. Pictures, smileys - everything!!! I don't know if you performed some additional magic - but thank you for the upgrade. :thumb:

Now I am completely happy again with the Gauge! :D:D:D

Ron

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
RailRon said:
Peter, it's me again.

Suddenly everything works ok. Pictures, smileys - everything!!! I don't know if you performed some additional magic - but thank you for the upgrade. :thumb:

Now I am completely happy again with the Gauge! :D:D:D

Ron
I had the same problem last night. It wouldn't switch between classic and new, and none of the smilies worked. Suddenly, it snapped in and everything started working. I can change between them now mearly by clicking on the menu at the bottom, and it remembers :rolleyes: :thumb:

A minor startup glitch I guess, but Peter is to be commended, this is a giant step, a lot of work and a potential for disaster if it didn't go as planned. Fortunately, it did. There are a lot of small changes all over and I'm still exploring them all..balloon6

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
shaygetz said:
Looks great...nothing works on this end, and I mean nothing, pictures, editing, nothing but...it looks great.

Hey Bob, what do you mean nothing works on that end?

Oh, yeah that's right if they change the clocks by an hour you are confused for at least six months sign1 .

Thought you said editing ain't 'xatly working ;)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Sorry about the description...I can post text. Notihng else works beyond that. Pictures can only be veiwed if they are hosted off site and I have no provision to post my own pics, the link is not active. Maybe my new Norton Security update has installed a new scorched earth policy an you guys are on the "Persons of Interest" list.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Did y'all find the spell checker yet?

Yeah, I cast a death spell, and got a message that the spell had been checked........it really didn't look well pasted against the plexiglass! :D :D

At first I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to check on the Alcohol Beverage Control board :confused:
KEWL !!!!!