Story from the Road

UP SD40-2

viperman said:
I think Deano and I were thinking the same thing there. We thought you meant DEAD, hehe. Good to know they weren't
DOH!:eek:ops: tooth1 . THANKS!, for clearing that up Josh G., learned something new:thumb: . THANKS!:D -Deano

You haven't lived till the wife calls the crew center to find out when her husband may get home and they tell her the crew died. After some hysterics they managed to explain the hours of service and that the crew was waiting for a ride home. A fellow conductor's wife told that story on herself. Easy to laugh then but when it happenned she had visions of widowhood. Fortunately I had explained to my wife about the hours of service, when I was called to dog catching a train one night. So when it was her turn to get the news about going dead she didn't loose it.

Greg

brakie

I know one time my wife heard about a train/coal bucket collision where the locomotive derailed and rolled over hurting the head end crew..So,she calls the crew caller-Sorry don't know anything about it try the assistant road foreman of engines office.Nope,Haven't heard of any accident try and so it went.Of course my wife was beside herself and had no kind words for Chessie's local management..When the next radio news cast came on they corrected the story from the Chessie to the N&W .