Stormtrooper's helmet and blaster

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Ziga, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Ziga

Ziga Member

I know that Kancho designed a Stormtrooper helmet, but unfortunately, it's not free. The question is, is there a free version available anywhere and if there is not, is there a simple 3D model that could used to design one.

As for the blaster, I have not seen any paper models. Is anyone working on one?

Any help will be much appreciated.

All the best,
    Kaz
  2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Which Blaster?

The Stormtroopers carried a Stirling Submachinegun with the buttstock folded and a fake sight mounted on the top. Hans Solo used a Mauser model 1896 with some sort of fake sight, and the Sandpeople immobilised R2D2, and C3P0 with a sawed off SMLE.
  3. Ziga

Ziga Member

Stormtroopers blaster of course ;-)
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The Stirling would be simple enough I would think. ('twas my personal weapon when I was in uniform) Just a cylinder within a cylinder, and a pilstol grip.

The Broomhandle Mauser is being designed by someone here if I recall correctly.

Rick
  5. shrike

shrike Guest

They also used pretty much unmodified MG-34's as the "Big Guns" on Tatooine
  6. Tavist

Tavist New Member

7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yes by I say 10-20%.

I have the pulse rifle built. I dont have pictures since my brother is lazy removing the pics and video he has taken on his.

The pulse rifle was a hard build with some pieces missing and instructions out of whack a bit. I had to fill the model with corrigated cardboard since the size and nature of the model required serious reinforcing inside. In my opinion the model should have a serious network of internal formers like a ship model.
  8. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

Rick Thomson , Didn't the JAWA's capture R2 & 3PO??

What film are you thinking of??
  9. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Doh...brainfart...you are correct, it was the Jawa's not the sandpeople.

But it was a sawed off Lee-Enfield, with what looked like a soupcan at the end of the shortened barrel.

Rick
  10. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

I bought the helmet from kancho some time ago. It was yes a little out of scale but once you get the correct print size for your needs, works out fine. I have scaled them up down and all around for my little one and the cousins. I would really like to get somthing similar in detail to Kancho's work and have the first clone trooper helmet design. The one from Episode II. Maybe in the future I'll work on one but for now just a dream.
  11. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

I bought the helmet from kancho some time ago. It was yes a little out of scale but once you get the correct print size for your needs, works out fine. I have scaled them up down and all around for my little one and the cousins. I would really like to get somthing similar in detail to Kancho's work and have the first clone trooper helmet design. The one from Episode II. Maybe in the future I'll work on one but for now just a dream.
  12. 46rob

46rob Member

Ziga--why not just buy Kancho's work--it's not that expensive, and I believe a person who designs something should be compensated accordingly for it's value. Free is a nice concept....but if all designs were free--there wouldn't be many. Most freebies are merely samples, to entice you to purchase the author's work, just like the tidbits they hand out at the market, to get you to purchase a product.
  13. 46rob

46rob Member

Ziga--why not just buy Kancho's work--it's not that expensive, and I believe a person who designs something should be compensated accordingly for it's value. Free is a nice concept....but if all designs were free--there wouldn't be many. Most freebies are merely samples, to entice you to purchase the author's work, just like the tidbits they hand out at the market, to get you to purchase a product.
  14. 46rob

46rob Member

speaking of Kancho--check this out
    http://www.kancho.muncho.org/gal_he_100.html
  15. 46rob

46rob Member

speaking of Kancho--check this out
    http://www.kancho.muncho.org/gal_he_100.html