Stormtrooper One/Blastech E-11 Blaster Rifle

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Sep 26, 2008.

1. clif52

clif52 Banned

Thanks K'Jev. I may download a copy of Sketchup for the Mac and give it a try. I've also designed mostly with Illustrator and Photoshop since I'm a commercial artist/graphic designer thats what I use 98% of the time. I've worked with a lot of textures designing action figure display bases and scale model car display bases for local customers. I'm really enjoying watching the building process on this weapon and a lot of the other models here from start to finish. Its kind of like watching the behind the scenes making of videos on movie DVDs.
  2. Kjev

Kjev Member

Not to get too far off topic, but there are RubyScripts (I can e-mail you them if you PM me your address) that will unfold the model much like Pepakura. I freelance as a graphic artist (not a lot of call for it in rural Idaho), and over the years I've become proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator on both OSs. Linux still mystifies me, though. It's interesting to compare different designer's methods as well.
  3. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Is this still going? 'cos I'm gonna need some shapened brass tube to cut all those holes.......:mrgreen:
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Yeah, it's still going. I just stopped for a while because it was getting tiring to put holes in the barrel manually like that. I'll be working on it on/off for a while because of that.
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Okay, I think I've fooled around long enough with the manual process. It was getting out of alignment for some reason and is taking way too long, so I'll just have to buy the shareware version of Metasequoia and use the Boolean tool. When I do that I'll update this thread, but for now I'll have to stop working on this.

To help recoup the expense, I'd like to offer this as a shareware PDF. Would that be cool with everyone?
  6. Millenniumfalsehood

Okay, I think I've fooled around long enough with the manual process. It was getting out of alignment for some reason and is taking way too long, so I'll just have to buy the shareware version of Metasequoia and use the Boolean tool. I'll just have to work on the other E-11 features before I can think about doing the vents.

To help recoup the expense, I'd like to offer this as a shareware PDF. Would that be cool with everyone?

I did finish the first of two scope options, though:

[​IMG]
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i think you need to be carefull with trying to sell something thats copyrighted. maybe ask for donations?
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Argh, no, I'm sorry, I was referring to the Sterling. That's what I get for posting so late at night, that and a double-post. hamr

I'd be offering the Sterling SMG as a shareware and then I'd offer the PDO of the E-11 upgrade parts here for free. The arms aficionados should like the Sterling, and the Skiffy fans here will like the upgrade parts for it.
  9. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

As long as good diagrams and/or instructions are included I would definetly be willing to make a "donation".
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

well in that case...thats a superb idea!!:)
  11. the_spartan_fury

the_spartan_fury Shadow Striker

can't wait for it!
  12. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe New Member

Approx how much were you looking at for the Sterling? And how big would the file be?

Cheers

Rick
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

I was looking for somewhere in the neighborhood of $7-10 or so.
  14. dredd

dredd New Member

Is this post still living?,i have 2 deac Sterlings and have built a few from the blaster builders club designs,but i would love to try it in paper/card.If you need any measurements/pics please let me know as i will do all i can to reanimate this thread/build:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  15. wolflone

wolflone New Member

When this will be finished, all of us will lock and load to storm a rebel base,hahaha
  16. Millenniumfalsehood

Well crap. I've looked and looked for this file, but I think that stupid virus ate it . . .

wall1

I had a bad virus earlier this year which cleaned out my model collection (along with a bunch of my C-drive), but I had my Meta models stored on the desktop so I figured it didn't touch them. Now I go to find this, the AT-PT, and my other projects and I can't frakking find them!! The file is just *empty*!

:curse::curse::curse:

Frak guys who create viruses . . .

Or nuke 'em from orbit. It is, after all, the only way to be sure.

Now, I *will* try to reconstruct the model using the pictures I took of it. I remember the procedures I followed to create it in the first place, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
  17. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Rebember to ALWAYS backup...

There can be nothing more crushing than losing files to a dreaded virus. I use a Mac and don't really have that problem. But I constantly copy files to CD or USB thumb drive just in case. When you work so hard on something it can be incredibly painful. These people who spend their time creating viruses and hacking peoples computers should find something more creative and rewarding like say, oh I don't know, maybe paper modeling.
  18. Millenniumfalsehood

Yeah, I know. In fact, I should know better since I'm a Christian and 'Jesus Saves'. sign1

*sigh* I'm still working on resurrecting my Meta models. On the bright side, this gives me and opportunity to revisit them and make them better than ever. :thumb:
  19. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Good Luck

Good luck on this one. This is a model that a lot of people would like to have. I'm surprised no one has done this one yet. Boba Fett's rifle is another one I'm shocked it isn't out there?:thumb:
  20. tata

tata New Member

nice weapon