Stormtrooper Helmet

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by angevine, Oct 26, 2008.

1. angevine

angevine Member

2. angevine

angevine Member

Free Miniature Stormtrooper Helmet

After a quick build here is my first attempt at this model. Not to happy with the way it went together so I hope the second attempt will be much better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. nibel

nibel Member

Hey cool! I like that!:thumb:
    Is there any printable format like pdf? I didn't have pepakura unfortunately....
  4. angevine

angevine Member

I can always convert the PDO file to PDF for you. Seeing as it is a free download I don't think this is breaking the rules.

Please PM me your email address so that I can send you the file.
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Or you could simply upload it to the site. :wink:
  6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

you should get permision from the designer before hosting on another site. even though he offers it for free, it would be respectfull to ask first. he may want people to go to his site to get it.
  7. angevine

angevine Member

I have just emailed the Author and asked if it is ok to upload a pdf version of his file.

Sorry for uploading the file before permission received.

Have also deleted the file from the download section until the author gets back to me.
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

no problem. thank you:)
  9. tikitiki_m

tikitiki_m Member

10. DarthPineapple

DarthPineapple Member

Hi Angevine,

For some reason my Pepakura won't open the file, it says it's a too new version. Even after updating to the last Pepakura Viewer version, it still says the same. Once you got permission, could you please send it to me as well? My email is stefan.govers@gmail.com

Many thanks!
  11. angevine

angevine Member

I've had no response from the Author and I could only find his details on the Pepakura website, therefore I won't post the file but my offer still stands. I'm not changing the file, just making it available for those in difficulty.

All my searching has so far shown that he does not have a website... Please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards,
  12. the_spartan_fury

the_spartan_fury Shadow Striker

13. angevine

angevine Member

No response from the author at all, not even an aknowlegment of receiving the email in the first place. I used the link to author from the Pepakura website so one would assume that he would have received the message.

Please can a moderator advise if it is ok to put a PDF version of the helmet in the downloads section? The design is not changed, just available in a different format that everyone can access. Thoughts please!
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I HAD version 2 of the viewer and I uninstalled it. I downloaded the version 3 viewer and installed it. I then opened the helmet in the viewer and it works fine.

The helmet is still available on the Pepakura website where the author placed it. I can't see a reason why the forum would HAVE to host a file that is already available.

Remember this is not an english speaking artist. If we risk angering him, we risk the chance of never getting to see his work in person. The downside is ... we cannot email him to thank him for those great projects. Especially the Sd kfz 222 armored car, my favorite.
  15. the_spartan_fury

the_spartan_fury Shadow Striker

It is getting a bit ridiculous that you haven't got a response. are you sure you sent to the right address?
  16. angevine

angevine Member

The only email address that I could find was the one linked to the Pepakura account via the "click here to contact author" link.

If anyone has another email address for the author of this model then please let me know so that I can send an email to him/her to request his/her permission to reproduce his pdo file in pdf format.
  17. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Can you read Japanese? If not then consider the fact that the author may not be able to read english.

I downloaded the file and opened it with the new pepakura viewer. It works fine. The link is right there next to the email one. I don't understand the problem. wall1
  18. angevine

angevine Member

I don't have a problem with the file. I was just offering to make the file available to those that are having problems.
  19. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Well ... Unless the Pepakura website goes down, the file will be available no matter what.