Stopped by CN yard

ross31r

wasnt there also a draper taper version of the SD40 as well (swear it was covered in Model railroader). Great pictures though!

mykroft

Yes, the SD40-2F Red Barn was in a Draper-Taper style body, but they were CP units (And the last SD40-2's produced, in 1989, 7 years after the SD50 was introduced.)

ross31r

oh good it does exsist, well at least i know im not just imagining things then. Might have a go at bashing one (although would also have radial truck sideframes) if i get bored because i have a spare undecorated SD40-2 chassis and shell lying about in my spares box.

mykroft

Why Bash it?

Kaslo makes a shell. Check thier website for info (It's sold through another Hbby shop). Kaslo also does the SD50F and SD60F, and they have a Dash 8-40CM on the way.

TrainClown

Could someone please ost here a pic of a Draper-Taper style body. I have no idea what is meant.

Thanks.

TrainClown

mykroft

Here's an HR616, the original Draper Taper. Note the section immediately behind the cab.

cn2100abn.jpg

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
I'm Positive

that there is an HO scale brass import of the GMD1... I'll have to look through a couple of back issues of MRC, to find the details...

CANADIAN RAILWAY MODELLER magazine has an article for updating the brass model. And Miniatures by Eric has detail parts (Bell, smoke stacks and MU stand) for the GMD1.....

Aha! It's made by Overland Brass Products... If you've got $620 jsut lying around....