Stinson L-5

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by RyanShort1, Jun 21, 2008.

1. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Here's an update on the L-5 that Roman designed for my contest.

[​IMG]

This picture is of the model as it sat a day or two ago. I was dry fitting a couple of sub-assemblies.

So far it's coming together quite nicely. I've got about 3 other versions of the bird about to be available on my website, but sent them to a friend of mine who's writing a book on the L-5 and I've got a bit more work to get it accurate enough to pass full inspection. It's going to be pretty nice when it's done, though. New additions will include factory spec camouflage scheme, more accurate panel lines, tweaked details, historical markings, and maybe even a civilian bird or two!

Ryan
  2. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

It's finished now. Here are a few more pictures, progress, and finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Be watching for a review and some redraws to be available at Lbirds.com soon. I've been updating panel lines, putting the bird in new, updated, factory correct markings, and adding some historical anecdotes as well.

Ryan
  3. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Very nicely done.

Is it a huge chore to do two versions of a model, one with the traditional panel lines, and one with very faint lines as it would appear on a real airplane?

I've never done any design work. I'm just asking the question.
  4. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

That's definitely something that I'm considering. It's all about how much work I want to put into it!

Ryan
  5. Wily

Wily Member

Thank you...nice, nice model! L-5s are cool planes - Stinson designed airplanes that had flair and character. : )