Stingray

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gixergs, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

It was the Aquaphibians!!

Attached Files:

2. Shipscape

Shipscape Member

Peter,

Couldn't agree more. I remember the days when I made things out of styrofoam packing material. Had great shapes and could turn it into all sorts of applications. Plaster of paris and sawdust made a great medium for sculpture. Looked just like sandstone after a brushing of floor wax.

Must admit, the wife and kids were amazed what can be done with some paper and glue after seeing the first few models. Specially liked the Holland Lop rabbit from Canon. Said it looked life-like. Now they keep asking what is next. So maybe there still is hope for the simple things in this technological age.

Fred
  3. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Then... and now, almost everything i look at, i.e ends of bottles/packaging etc etc, i always try to imagine what could be made from them. Some of the caps from Toilet duck {cleaner} would make brilliant rocket motors :cool: There's simply no end to what can be made from simple things - the only thing stopping this would be the lack of imagination. Seems like you are one of the guys {like me and many here} to try stuff out to create what your minds eye wants. So now they keep asking you what's next - there is indeed HOPE for them and all of us :thumb:
  4. Gixergs

So if you have the odd bit Lego knocking about why not give these ago.

Attached Files:

5. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

OMG... these are brilliant mate, you just gotta get Ash the set... if only for the Elevator Cars :cool::thumb:
  6. Gixergs

Sadly they are not sets some clever bugger built them on their own!
  7. Gixergs

8. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

9. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thanks Chris :thumb: P.W.O.R :mrgreen:
  10. Gixergs

11. Gixergs

As a kid I would play with my Thunderbird toys and use my Alvis Salamander crash tenders as Thunderbid vehicles,I aways thought they looked like they were Thunderbird like.Well having just watched Thunderbirds are go! I discover they really were Thunderbird vehicles!
    I still have several of the little Salamander toys sadly none of my Thunderbirds though.

Attached Files:

12. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

I can see why mate, wish i'd of had one or two of those Alvis Salamander crash tenders, have you still got them ? Fingers crossed for the Thunderbirds reboot - Hope for good things to come from this.
  13. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

These teeny tiny models are great on detail, not many parts but some nice decals {water slide ones :thumb: }

Attached Files:

14. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

I hope to collect all of them one day :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

15. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Yep.... the box shows the Thunderbird 2 on it :rolleyes: , wrong box but right model enclosed :thumb:
  16. Gixergs

Hi Pete as I said in my carefully worded,well thought out and lets face it pretty damn eloquent post,I STILL HAVE SEVERAL , of the Salamanders,jeesh pay attention mate :twisted: I buy them whenever I can,I just love the wee little beasties,I would love a big model of one but the only other model I know of was a 1/72 resin that cost the Earth.:eek:
  17. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Cool :cool: Yeah you have several very nice things in your collection{s} :eek: I forgot about this video i edited, so i thought i'd let her roll here :mrgreen:

[YOUTUBE]wt10Fvg4qeM[/YOUTUBE]
  18. Gixergs

Well my friend maybe you're get some for your birthday,not from me mind ,tube of Smarties and a card is all you get from me but someone might. What make are they? I know Konami do a large range of Anderson models.the new series might bring about more models from the original series as well.
  19. Gixergs

Interesting mix my friend,you should make your own video using your Titanic models and Thunderbirds models,could be fun:)
  20. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Yum Yum... i like smarties :mrgreen: I have given the link for you for FToys, although they do sooooo much more than the Thunderbirds Series of models, i seriously recommend that you stay away from there my friend... for you wallets sake :twisted:

Good idea mate, may just give it a go ONE DAY in the dim and distant future :p