Stick glue bond

Status
Not open for further replies.

weft1630

Oct 30, 2009
Hello. How durable are UHU glue stick bonds? Ten, 20 years? Of course, at 60 years of age, 5 years might do me. Thanks. Morris.

rmay4

Jun 27, 2012
What is UHU glue

I am new. Is this a better glue than CA or white glue for card models?

Paperbender

May 30, 2012
North Carolina
Hi rmay4. Stick glue is great for some applications, especially if moisture warping of the paper medium is a problem. If you rub both sides you have a short open time for silppage, but will then find it will grab quite well. I find it's great when you need to fold pieces back to back for double thickness. Put them under your cutting board to dry nice and flat. (As if any body can learn anything from me)

Z

Zathros

Don't use CA. It causes cancer. It is an accumulative effect. It has cyanide in it. Use UHU glue or ZIP dry, or one of the many non-toxic glues that are better anyways. You can UHU glue and Zip Dry from Michael's Craft stores. White glue contains lignen which will get yellow and often gets brittle over time. :)

aleks

Jul 28, 2011
Italy
I've some question about glue,If I may ask...
1) what is the better glue stick for papermodelling? (strong bond needed!!!)
2) Is there in the universe a Super Glue without Cyanide, that I could for metal?
3) I've tried this one
mediawebserver

, but I left it to switch to common PVA, applyed with a tooth pick. It sets in 5 minutes!!!
Any opinion?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.