Stepping down as Moderator

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi All, must now call it quits as a Moderator, I find I am not keeping up with all the posts that there are coming in, and it needs one of the good people on here who comes in nearly every hour or so to post.

Good luck to you all.

Shamus

Sorry To Read your latest post

Shamus, I'm sorry to hear you're stepping down as moderator, you've done a fine job, and we all owe you a debt of gratitude. This sort of thing can take up an enormus amount of time, and I'm sure you have served the members of the gauge with the upmost of perfection. We will miss your expert advise as moderator, but will stay in touch on your website. By the way I downloaded your harmonica music, and we have enjoyed it immensly. God Bless AT&SF Duey :(

bobrien

Feb 15, 2002
Waiuku,New Zealand
Visit site
Boy Shamus, I do hope you aren't going to go too far away.
It has always been great to know that you are there 'watching over us' and to be able to access your talent, wisdom and advice quickly, has always been one hellava bonus.
Any one of us can easily understand the constraints of time and sometimes we may forget that others have 'real' lives outside of the Gauge.
But the best part has got to be the bit that if you aren't moderating all the time, then you will have HEAPS of time to build, design, model, photograph, and so on - and then post it all on here :D
Cheers Shamus;

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Gosh Shamus:D Even for the short time I've been on here I've been amazed at how you kept up with it.!!! GREAT JOB!!!!:) and PLEASE KEEP THE PHOTOS COMMING!!!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Shamus,
Without the responsibilities of moderator, you should have more time for building on the Badger Creek, and more time to post pictures of the work,,,,,,c'mon, I still have a lot to learn.
Thanks for the work you've done on "The-Gauge", it's the best forum out there.
Pete

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Wyomingite

Hi Shamas,

Only been on here a short time but sure learned a lot from you and the guys. Sure understand the want to pass on the job as it is a very big one. I'm your age and I sure could'nt keep up with it and build the beautiful layouts and scratch buildings you do. Your work is amazing to say the very least about it.

Enjoy yourself and please keep us informed with pictures of the new Badger Creek. The very best to you.

:rolleyes: Ron :rolleyes:

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Well Shamus, so far you are still listed as moderator. What does it take to quit? I know I had a difficult time quitting as a moderator at TB
Best of luck to you and hope the powers that be give you a break.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Robin,

I spoke to Dave and between us, I am to stay on in a lesser capacity, just do what I can when I can. I have been given some new pills for my Vertigo, and they are working much better than the previous lot so lets hope my head improves. Manias syndrome isn’t repairable, the pills only keep things a bit calmer.

Cheers

Shamus

jimnrose

Feb 1, 2001
Orleans Ma. USA
Visit site
Shamus,
Thanks for all the time you have donated and the skills you have shared with all of us. We know this has been a tough decision for you and we wish your health improves in the near future. Take care, Jim