Steel Service Centre

CNCPGUY

I work for a steel service centre where I live. So I thought I would put one on my layout. I finally got my crane. So I thought I would do a little work tonight, lots of work to go, but I thought I would post the first loads of steel being delivered to the service centre. The name steel has to be put on the building. The service centre is going to be Drummond McCall which is no longer in operation as of January 1st. The new name on the building is Russel Metals. I thought I would still go with the old name for the history. Any ideas or feedback is always appreciated!!!! Remember I'm still new to the hobby!!! :)

Attachments

• Steel Service #7a.jpg
    Steel Service #7a.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 185

CNCPGUY

One more Picture of the Steel Service Centre

thought I would put one more picture in!!!!

Attachments

• Steel Service #6a.jpg
    Steel Service #6a.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 180

CalFlash

I like the idea of a steel service center or steel fabrication shop as we called it on my friend's layout. The main bldg is a kitbashed City Classics and overhead crane a Walthers but with the bridge replaced with girders from an N-scale Micro Engineering deck plate bridge.

Zieman.jpg

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Its great to preserve history on our layouts while at the same time, creating a busy industry for you. Good work CNCP
What did you make the chainlink fence from Jerry?

CalFlash

Robin: the layout is HO and the chain link fencing is Walthers. A little delicate but the nicest I've ever seen.