Steampunk Aero-Carriage Build.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, Aug 9, 2011.

1. MTK

MTK Active Member

As above. I'm building Richard Cherry's Aero-Carriage, though I did upsize it to approximately 1/25. I would have liked to have gotten this ship without the lines.....

I eliminated all of the tabs, made formers where there were none and used strips and prestressed all of the parts. Additionally, I used markers to eliminate any white lines from part mating.

Attached Files:

2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

O.K., you and I have talked on the phone, I know all the stuff you tell me you do. How the H@LL do you bang out everything that you do! Do you have longer days there? Dang, I am really just amazed. Envious too, in a nice way, but envious, nevertheless!:drag1:
  3. MTK

MTK Active Member

John, when I say that I've played around with these things for years, before I learned how to texture them, then that must mean exactly what I said. I've learned how to unfold these things when people refused to tell me simple things like how to texture them. In this case... Richard did all of the work. I have to credit more than one at this forum for helping me.:mrgreen::thumb:
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Texture is my weak point. I think that is why I don't follow through because I know I am getting to the texture and it is like I have to settle for cartoon colors or just straight colors, could just be an excuse for procrastinating, or my head hurts. Probably both!wall1:p
  5. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Nice. Has a very "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" look to it.

Come to think of it, why aren't there any models from that flick? There's a plethora of great subjects there!

Mmmmm... plethora. That's our word for today.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  6. This is a very nice model. I look forward to your build. I'm interested to see how it comes to life :)
  7. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Say it with me kiddies "PLE" "THOR" "AHH"

Great job on the Aerocarriage, and I agree, there SHOULD be something from Sky Captain. that movie was so fantastic in its visual stimulation :)
  8. MTK

MTK Active Member

The word for today is Plethora!:thumb: Yes, on Sky Captain.

Recent build photo below.

Attached Files:

9. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

it's been 20 days....Update please :)
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'm getting on that tomorrow. I've been so busy making models that I haven't been building them. LOL! I was thinking about this yesterday, so yeah.... When it gets hot tomorrow I'll be working on this.:thumb:
  11. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

:thumb:
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thanks, sorry... Got a LOT going on right now and doing the best to meet requests.
  13. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Its all good, just curious :)
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

Got bogged down with three days of "Honey Do's." Will have update build photos soon.:mrgreen: